What's the worst thing you've done because of Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went to the 87 cup final v Coventry rather than attend my wife's cousins wedding. As you know we lost, went to reception in the evening and got horribly drunk, sat on a side table in their house and broke it. 30 odd years later it still gets mentioned every so often

Umm ... got hypertension and increased my risk to get a heart attack.
You know ... because all that stress.

But seriously, broke both of my hands ............... when VDV scored a last-minuter vs Stoke, and it meant we got a draw instead of a loss.

Yeeeah, I broke 'em from joy and not anger.
And yeah, I know, it was just a draw and not a win.
:paulinhofacepalm:

Said in front of other people that beating Woolwich in the Cup semi final in 1991 was better than sex - didn't go down well with ex-husband, which probably explains why he is ex!

So I was in a dance show (YEAAH YEAHH :vdvdive::vdvdive::vdvdive::vdvdive:) and we were having a briefing the night before the performance. I was stood next to a friend of mine. Now he'd just returned to action after having surgery to mend an abnormality with his rib cage. No one could touch him because, I dunno, he'd go mental because his torso was very sensitive.

We're 1-0 down to Dnipro at the start of this briefing, I check my phone, 1-1... the briefing goes on, 1-2, c'mon. I push refresh on twitter... 3-1 ADEBAYOR... "FUCKING YESSS" (In the middle of quiet room mostly full of silent girls in their ballet outfit). I wrap both arms tightly around the aforementioned friend and tackle him to the ground.

So yeah, Spurs made me tackle a cripple to the ground.
EUROPA LEAGUE FTW

Broke a finger punching a wall cos I'm well ard and was pissed up on scotch one time we lost to the chavs.

Once when I was a teenager and was at a game we lost, spent a night getting smashed out of my brains in various pubs in town, before ending up in Rayleigh in Essex, climbing some random crane quite far up and falling all the way down to the floor, fucking my back and legs up quite bad and getting buried in mud, just while the old bill drove past with their torches searching the building site, then having to walk past the police car (same one I think) covered head to toe in mud.

Nearly lost my job......
I live in Surrey,,but work in sales and was working down in Wales..., Mon/ties/we'd...
I rang my boss and said I want to work elsewhere, could he get me a few leads in Sheffield area, to which he agreed to. So after the We'd morning appmt blew out , I rang the Spurs ticket office to see if any tickets were available for the game that night.....they said YES.....so I set off from Swansea to Barnsley......and arrived with 20 mins before the game started......to find it had sold,out and no entrance available......mightily pissed off
I went to a shite hotel locally,went to the pub, got totally bladdered and woke the next morning at 11.00 when my boss rang to find out why I wasn't at my appointment......I did the PM one and had to see my Am one at 7pm.....feeling like a dog turd....never again, oh ok, not too often.
And I missed Ginolas goal.....argh

Bought a shirt with Bent at the back
I'm sure they'd have sold a lot more Bent shirts, if they'd thrown this in as an iron on transfer...
14910.jpg
arrow-T-shirts.png

y'know, just for a laugh!

Last edited:
Tried to earn some brownie points with new girlfriend so took her younger brother to Spurs v Blackpool , he kept crying to go home as soon as kick off but managed to keep h there till halftime.
He kept winging so I took him home, Spurs won 4-0 missed all the goals, but did get my leg over !! Happy days COYS

My Dad's mate at uni won a weekend to Butlins for him and a load of mates. Happened to be the same weekend as the Coventry cup final in 87 so on the Saturday morning he left my mum to get a train up to Wembley. Obviously we lost, he got the train back, mum wasn't all that pleased with him for longing her off.

I should add that it's only my mum that thinks it's a bad thing to do and she still brings it up to this day

Some Chav linked stories centred around their Champions League win, kind of feel that was the worst moment as a Spurs fan taking it from what I am reading here. I was quite drunk all that week which I think clamed the pain but seems still raw for a lot of you here.
The moment we'd finished 4th and had to wait on that result, I knew it was over. I don't know how, but I had absolutely no doubt we were fucked. The result actually coming through just was a sad confirmation for me.

I have a bit of a remote control destroying issue. After Joe Cole scored in 2013 West Ham to make it 2-1 I sent my remote flying across my flat and it exploded into about a thousand pieces. Looked like a right idiot when Bale scored the winner but I was too happy to care. My flatmates were bemused.

Problaby asking the 8-year old chelsea-fan and son of a friend of mine how it felt to support a team whose wages are stolen from russian orphans and grandmothers.

O boy did his face make me regret that question..

I have stolen, behaved poorly all over the country, fought, beaten and got beaten and had the pleasure of being nicked a few times because of my allegiance to Spurs. Retrospectively, not too proud of it.
However, I was younger, it was a different era and before the majority of football fans were sterilised with seating and had become banal.
The worst thing was being nicked outside The Bull for baiting Woolwich fans before the NLD 1983. Done nothing to warrant it really except shouting obscenities and making wanker gestures.
Kept in a holding cell in the bowels of the shelf missing us winning 5-0. What torture hearing the roars and missing it all.

Watched Con Air on the train home to Devon after seeing us lose to Norwich at WHL a couple seasons back.

What a shit film that is. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom