What one thing do you want from the new stadium?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Corners

No seriously hear me out. Modern stadium designs become souless bowls because we're are too much in thrall to the cult of the architect. Who strives for a seamless uniformty of design. Stadiums need corners, edges, demarcation lines where fans can lend their ownership.

The historic emotional stadiums evolve and their atmosphere is almost by accident as one stand is added to where once stood a grassy bank. The shelf sings to the paxton. In a souless bowl there is no edge, no ends, no right angles, no beginning, no end, no ownership of turf won and therefore no soul
Although the stadium is a bowl, inside it will be square and at all sides the space between pitch and stand will be equal. Not like Woolwich where each end has larger gap to the terrace.
Looking at the plans they are 1:500. Can someone tell me if I am correct, but using Adobe, changing the scale and then using the measuring tool it comes out as between roughly 22 feet from stand to pitch.
Our pitch will also be 114 x 75 which is much bigger

Although the stadium is a bowl, inside it will be square and at all sides the space between pitch and stand will be equal. Not like Woolwich where each end has larger gap to the terrace.
Looking at the plans they are 1:500. Can someone tell me if I am correct, but using Adobe, changing the scale and then using the measuring tool it comes out as between roughly 22 feet from stand to pitch.
Our pitch will also be 114 x 75 which is much bigger
22 feet seems quite large?

Safe standing would be gr8 but cant see it happening. Be happy to have the fans name the stands and the idea we can buy our seats and have something on them with our names.

statue of bill nic a must but think thats already happening.

I want to be able to buy a ticket, from the club, at short notice or even better on the day without having to use stub hub.
tumblr_nn2b2cJ6Hm1r8e765o1_500.gif

Safe standing would be gr8 but cant see it happening. Be happy to have the fans name the stands and the idea we can buy our seats and have something on them with our names.

statue of bill nic a must but think thats already happening.

Liverpool fans would have a fit. Even though with todays ticketing systems it could not happen again as you simply will not get in if you don't have a ticket. Gone are they days when they would open up the exit gates ( as they did At Swindon in the league cup in the 80's for us) to let a mob in because the turnstiles could not cope and so is turnstile jumping.
Although I didn't seem to hear anyone calling for a ban on smoking inside stadiums after the Bradford fire ( which may turn out to be arson and not a dropped cig) as it was disrespectful to those that died, only in 2007 & not for that reason.
I also did not see any compassion from LFC for the dead of Juventus or them or any other English club calling for all seating after bad crowd control, fighting and a killing surge in Belgium.
Although I have the deepest sympathy for the families of the 96 and what the shit rag paper & the lying police scum put them through ( I was at the semi v Wolves when it happened to us) fans are not treated like cattle anymore.
A crush could not happen anymore than a crush could happen now if everyone stood up from their seats instead of sitting down. All the difference would be is that that seat would put up and then lowered for European games. There would not be 4 extra people occupying that space. Basically a designated area where people can flip back the seat and stand without being told to sit down. There would also be no way of the crowd surging due to the design:
W7QCiHD.jpg

However, safe standing will be met by Liverpool by what I can only say is emotional blackmail

Liverpool fans would have a fit. Even though with todays ticketing systems it could not happen again as you simply will not get in if you don't have a ticket. Gone are they days when they would open up the exit gates ( as they did At Swindon in the league cup in the 80's for us) to let a mob in because the turnstiles could not cope and so is turnstile jumping.
Although I didn't seem to hear anyone calling for a ban on smoking inside stadiums after the Bradford fire ( which may turn out to be arson and not a dropped cig) as it was disrespectful to those that died, only in 2007 & not for that reason.
I also did not see any compassion from LFC for the dead of Juventus or them or any other English club calling for all seating after bad crowd control, fighting and a killing surge in Belgium.
Although I have the deepest sympathy for the families of the 96 and what the shit rag paper & the lying police scum put them through ( I was at the semi v Wolves when it happened to us) fans are not treated like cattle anymore.
A crush could not happen anymore than a crush could happen now if everyone stood up from their seats instead of sitting down. All the difference would be is that that seat would put up and then lowered for European games. There would not be 4 extra people occupying that space. Basically a designated area where people can flip back the seat and stand without being told to sit down. There would also be no way of the crowd surging due to the design:
W7QCiHD.jpg

However, safe standing will be met by Liverpool by what I can only say is emotional blackmail

Is the bar not in your eyeline when you sit down or does that come off?

W7QCiHD.jpg

The only way safe standing will work will be if people are allocated a seat to stand in front of, rather than just letting people into a section and having them stand where they want. Obviously fans won't really want that, but you can bet your life that the authorities will make sure that clubs actually enforce it. One thing I've never quite got my head around is the impact on the capacity. When the seats are bolted up, does that then theoretically allow 2 people per seat number, one on each step? Would it be 3 people to every 2 seats, in a kind of staggered arrangement? Or is it simply 1 person per seat, same capacity, but standing?

Agree fully with the comments on the Scousers... unfortunately there's no politician out there in their right mind who would really back this and try to push it through Parliament.

Back
Top Bottom