What one thing do you want from the new stadium?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Topless bar

The old SC Freiburg stadium used to have Topless Girls playing volley ball
The girls were in the Freibad, public open air pool and play area, which was overlooked by the stadium.
Fans cheered every time a player played a ball, everybody laughed and as soon as the sun came out so were the girls.

The rebuilt stadium blocked this view. oh well.

St. Pauli is a very special club.
If you don't love them, you're a wanker.

I disagree. This is a club that only exists because of the "kult" status it has. It was nearly bankrupt and relied on it's fans and sympathisers to bail it out. And all they got in return was a t-shirt. This is not the "Against Modern Football" flagship club people make it out to be.

They have some nice principles, but I think a lot of the publicity is an act to show how "different" they are to other clubs. They play Blur's "Song 2" after they've scored ffs. They play music after they have scored a goal? Surely their fans should be vocal enough to not need this? They sing "You'll Never Walk Alone"? Oh how original.

7) Chance to "buy" a seat and have your name on it via a little plaque. Can be your season ticket for example. Exeter did this when they needed the fans to bail them out. Lovely idea. Can have your name or that of loved one permanently attached to the stadium.

This is actually a good idea. People will 100% spend money on this and even though it won't raise that much in the grand scheme of things, every little helps.

Something they did at Norwich when they built their new stand is let people engrave their name or a message into the brickwork for a fee. Simple methods of creating income and giving a personal feel to the ground, a sense of belonging if it must be.

I disagree. This is a club that only exists because of the "kult" status it has. It was nearly bankrupt and relied on it's fans and sympathisers to bail it out. And all they got in return was a t-shirt. This is not the "Against Modern Football" flagship club people make it out to be.

They have some nice principles, but I think a lot of the publicity is an act to show how "different" they are to other clubs. They play Blur's "Song 2" after they've scored ffs. They play music after they have scored a goal? Surely their fans should be vocal enough to not need this? They sing "You'll Never Walk Alone"? Oh how original.

I donated €€€€s to help save St Pauli and I have the tee shirt.

"This is a club that only exists because of the "kult" status it has."

Other way 'round, sonny, other way 'round
This is a club that has a kult status because of the way it exists, by the skin of its teeth.
"This is not the "Against Modern Football" flagship club people make it out to be".
Um, yes it is, totaly. Pauli is one of the only clubs to have an A1 police rating for traveling fans

When HSV played in the Volkspark, a Pauli chant was
"Lieber eine Verlierer sein, als ein übele Volksparkschwein"
"Better be a loser than be an evil Volkspark pig"
"You'll Never Walk Alone"? Lots of clubs sing it. Red Scum don't own it.

Shalke 04 used to be a kult club but that's vanished over the last decade or so.
All about the big bucks now but they do have a beer pipeline from the Veltins Brewery to the Ground.
Trouble is, it hardly ever works.

Sorry for the sensible answer but here it goes:

I want the new stadium to have a large enough capacity that it puts us on a level playing field with the elite.

Simple. Obvious, but key.

I seen plans that don't even bring us level with some stadiums in the Orem which seems totally pointless to me.

A design that allows for future expansion is also important cause it's no point coming in line with the "bigger boys" only for them to all expand a few years down the line and us being left needing another full rebuild.

A cellar for cheese & wine would be nice, maybe some cooked meats , I'm not sure about the meats as yet. I'm just throwing ideas out there .

Atmosphere is created by fans yes but the design of the stands and the acoustics it creates do have a role. The old Highbury was more atmospheric than the death star. Spurs away fans are some of the best in the country but their efforts at Portsmouth where the stand had no roof was audiable worse. It's an interplay.

...and That Mural was more atmospheric than Highbury!!
Arsenal_mural-North-Bank.jpg

Back
Top Bottom