What next for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anyone tell me what we achieved by changing manager mid season?.....

Complete joke of a season.

Whatever we do we have to back the next manager fully. We have to sign the players they actually want - like AVB and moutinho....otherwise we can never really be surprised when they don't achieve what we expect of them.

Can anyone tell me what we achieved by changing manager mid season?.....

Complete joke of a season.

Whatever we do we have to back the next manager fully. We have to sign the players they actually want - like AVB and moutinho....otherwise we can never really be surprised when they don't achieve what we expect of them.
This is the thing.
Levy/ENIC/Lewis whoever decided to chop AVB so soon into the season just made a mockery of the appointment and (ridiculous spend on average players) in the first place.

You have to ask yourself what manager would even want to come to us now other than seeing us as another payday?

In my opinion we need to revamp our midfield. Dembele and paulinho just are not going to do it for us. I think our midfield is the biggest reason for why we have struggled this season and have produced such a borefest of football

You have to ask yourself what manager would even want to come to us now
5mMBg94.jpg

In my opinion we need to revamp our midfield. Dembele and paulinho just are not going to do it for us. I think our midfield is the biggest reason for why we have struggled this season and have produced such a borefest of football

Both are top quality internationals though.....its when they play for us they struggle

No end of clubs would be interested in them as well.

There's more too it.

Both are top quality internationals though.....its when they play for us they struggle

No end of clubs would be interested in them as well.

There's more too it.
Well there is obviously more to it but the way I see it is that neither of them seem capable of quick one touch passing and they definitely cant ping 30 yard balls across the pitch. We are so easy to defend against because our build up play is so slow and by the time we get the ball anywhere near the oppositions goal there are always men back and covering. All a team has to do to beat us is sit back let us have the ball and counter us. Our midfield has to be more dynamic. Easier said than done of course

yet we spend over 100mil on our squad and leave ourselves with a left back who has had one half decent season with Sunderland.

Sometimes I can't help but feel our transfer policy is based on who's agent phones up Levy rather than who we actually need.

Well there is obviously more to it but the way I see it is that neither of them seem capable of quick one touch passing and they definitely cant ping 30 yard balls across the pitch. We are so easy to defend against because our build up play is so slow and by the time we get the ball anywhere near the oppositions goal there are always men back and covering. All a team has to do to beat us is sit back let us have the ball and counter us. Our midfield has to be more dynamic. Easier said than done of course

I think to get the best from our current squad we need eriksen playing behind 1 or 2 strikers

I'd go with a diamond with Sandro holding and Dembele and paulinho either side and ade and soldado up top

Sherwood seems to have tried everything but this....

I think to get the best from our current squad we need eriksen playing behind 1 or 2 strikers

I'd go with a diamond with Sandro holding and Dembele and paulinho either side and ade and soldado up top

Sherwood seems to have tried everything but this....
I certainly agree that Eriksen needs to play through the middle. He is absolutely wasted playing on the wing and drifting in. The only time we really look like creating anything is when he is on the ball through the middle. Does my head in seeing him on the wing

The irony for me is that we have half a dozen, industrious mid-field players, who ain't working that hard!! And when they do win ball, there is not enough creativity to off load it to!

I,d love the chance to blag a living out of top flight football for 3-6 months (think we all could) until they either realized we were just chancers (or not) like the majority of the hangers on in the game! The likes of Baldini must pinch themselves every morning!

.............Whatever we do we have to back the next manager fully. We have to sign the players they actually want - like AVB and moutinho....otherwise we can never really be surprised when they don't achieve what we expect of them.

Spot on.
Imo, that's where Levy/ENIC fucked up big-time, which started all this shit in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom