What next for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

pleat.jpg

Can anyone tell me what we achieved by changing manager mid season?.....

Complete joke of a season.

Whatever we do we have to back the next manager fully. We have to sign the players they actually want - like AVB and moutinho....otherwise we can never really be surprised when they don't achieve what we expect of them.

Everyone speaks about getting Champions League football, but surely tonight has proven that even if we were in it this year, we are evidently 1000 miles away from the standard required and would probably get smashed. Benfica (a Champions League drop out) looked 10 times better on and off the ball than us. Yes you can argue that "better" players would come to the club, more money etc etc, but the squad this season even having spent £100 million, wouldnt have been able to cope.

Look back at our team in the Champions League under Redknapp, the likes of Bale, Modric, Van der Vaart. The team now just doesnt compare. On top of that, the football we were playing then was far more exciting and attacking than the boring shit we get week in week out now.

So glad I booked up Benfica away.. (Will still be a class away day, but will most likely get hammered on the pitch)

Fail to make top 4
Sack Sherwood
Hire new man
Buy some players who aren't as good as we think they are, or maybe more accurately, aren't quite at the level required to get top 4 (because we can't pay the wages)
Fail to make top 4.
Sack new man
Hire new man
Buy some players who aren't as good as we think they are, or maybe more accurately, aren't quite at the level required to get top 4 (because we can't pay the wages)
Fai......you get the idea.

Can anyone tell me what we achieved by changing manager mid season?.....

Complete joke of a season.

Whatever we do we have to back the next manager fully. We have to sign the players they actually want - like AVB and moutinho....otherwise we can never really be surprised when they don't achieve what we expect of them.
This is the thing.
Levy/ENIC/Lewis whoever decided to chop AVB so soon into the season just made a mockery of the appointment and (ridiculous spend on average players) in the first place.

You have to ask yourself what manager would even want to come to us now other than seeing us as another payday?

sunday is about the fans.... fuck everything else... sing your hearts out gents...
I wont be in the ground but somewhere roundabout.
remember who you are... loud & proud... show those cunts squatting down the road
what true support is all about.. even if the product before you is shite.

your spurs. let them know you are.

Not sure where to begin. Think the Sherwood experiment is coming to an end after last night. My biggest concern is - I have no faith that levy will appoint a better manager. If there's a 50/50 decision to make 9 times out of 10 he'll get it wrong. Please don't give me this - where were we before enic nonsense either. I'm evaluating them the same way they evaluated Jol.
I know what's going to happen. Van Gaal goes to the press and says "give me the job".

Levy appoints Brian Laudrup....:gomes:

I expect a few in/out to be necessary to shift the balance/dynamic slightly but I dont think an overhaul is necessary at all.
I think a new manager could work wonders with the talent at hand.
They are massively underperforming so its easy to forget how good most of these players can actually be

Good to speculate. Personally, I would not lose to much sleep if I knew, Paulinho, Chadli, Daws, Kaboul, Kane, Vert, Lennon and Townsend where to be sold. Would be sad to see Daws go, purely because for me he has been a Tottenham legend!

COYS!!
you want us to just get rid of 3 of the 4 CB's we have
all 3 of our wingers
4 of our english players
2 of our young academy prospects
one of which is 20 so doesn't count towards our 25 man squad anyway..

basically mate, calm your tits.

Hope we finish 7th so we can focus solely on CL Qualification and Europa League can fuck right off. If we lose Hugo and Vertonghen its NBD. We need hunger. We need players that are proud to wear our colors and will fight for us. Im tired of Vertonghen and Paulinho. They could care less about Spurs. Eriksen and Sandro are types of players I want to keep and bring in.

Back
Top Bottom