What next for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Discuss....Im at a loss.

Abandon our way too high ambitions and go back to basics...development and building as a top 6 team?

Get in LvG and find out Christmas that he too cant get this team to work?

Im swinging towards playing the kids and competing with Villa and Newcastle. Far more fun.

Fail to make top 4
Sack Sherwood
Hire new man
Buy some players who aren't as good as we think they are, or maybe more accurately, aren't quite at the level required to get top 4 (because we can't pay the wages)
Fail to make top 4.
Sack new man
Hire new man
Buy some players who aren't as good as we think they are, or maybe more accurately, aren't quite at the level required to get top 4 (because we can't pay the wages)
Fai......you get the idea.

pleat.jpg

I think it's down to ENIC now, I can't see a top manager coming in with no promise of money. I can't see us commanding much money from what we've got on our books with Levy's festiciousness and demand on getting at least 90% of the original purchase fee. Theres probably a 50 million or so decision Levy and co need to take.
Personally I think we will float around 6th for the next couple of years whilst the new stadium is being built. I honestly don't mind as long as we play some attractive football, we've got that capability surely?

Maybe do something different, drop expectations a bit, be happy at 5-7th and a cup run, playing good football with the club working more with the fans for the fans, buck the trend of fleecing every cunt, design some decent merchandise / shit that folk actually want, develop and blood youngsters, get in a less well known coach - try a spaletti or the German guy that keeps cropping up but avoid a big name and big spending that will just attract derision and people willing us to fail, show some frugality and sense, some long term-ism. Fuck that cocodomol is really kicking in

Maybe do something different, drop expectations a bit, be happy at 5-7th and a cup run, playing good football with the club working more with the fans for the fans, buck the trend of fleecing every cunt, design some decent merchandise / shit that folk actually want, develop and blood youngsters, get in a less well known coach - try a spaletti or the German guy that keeps cropping up but avoid a big name and big spending that will just attract derision and people willing us to fail, show some frugality and sense, some long term-ism. Fuck that cocodomol is really kicking in

Agree with most of that. Hope the German guy you're referring to is Uli Hoeness...

Back
Top Bottom