We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is pretty good so far tbh. Buiding up nicely to a climax at the end.

I liked the beginning but found myself getting really pissed off with the "Spursy" stuff constantly being mentioned, also this building narrative that we were "lucky"! Wanted to kick Ruddock in the face, who was pretending to have a love for both teams while travelling up to Liverpool for their semi-final and dopping in a few "we" when talking about Liverpool, think he showed where his heart is at. And as someone who hates vloggers, I fucking hated seeing ours all sitting on their couches singing embarrassingly.

It came back together towards the end.

Yeah, i wasn't impressed. We have as rich a history as the dippers, yet we were portrayed as fucking Barnsley.

Dunno. I'm a bit drunk, so maybe a bit too touchy, but i was getting annoyed with it.

To be honest I don’t mind the hostility, I’ve kind of expected it, but that will get a response from me.
“Unearned wealth”? Elaborate. FSG was widely criticized for not pumping enough money into the club. They’re stingy fuckers actually, and run the club as such. Balancing the books is their top priority. So if anybody thinks they will pump money into the through some dodgy commercial deals ala City you really don’t know what you’re talking about.
Our commercial revenue is the 4th highest in the league, behind United, City and Chelsea. Our match day revenue is the 5th highest . Our kit sponsor is the lowest in the top 6 at the moment( although that will change from next year with a 90 mil pound a year deal from Adidas being mooted, and rightfully so considering our performances on the pitch), so where exactly is the money being poured in by the owners? Think you need to check your facts.
Klopp only had big money to spend because we sold our best player for big money. Before that we didn’t and benefitted from selling fringe players for good fees( Ibe for 15 mil, Benteke for 30 mil, Sakho for 25 mil, Ings for 20 mil etc.).
A lot of Spurs fans and Pochettino keeps moaning about our spending in the last 18 months, but honestly we sold our best player for the third highest fee in footballing history, surely we’re allowed to spend that money?
I highly doubt others would moan if you sold Kane for 200 mil and spent that money

Never heard or noticed Spurs fans ‘moaning’ about L’pool spending too much money, but then I dont do Twitter so I may have missed this. Personally I respect what you have done in the transfer market. Due to your poor league performance over the last 10 years (obviously exclude this one) you have become well practiced at being a selling club and have done some very good business. Well done. Not an Andy Carroll or Benteki type transfer for a while. I wonder will that continue....

What you will hear Spurs fans and basically every other fan through out the country ‘moaning’ about is LPools fans never ending ability to play the victims. That and their constant banging on about how much better football would be if they were to win the league.
And the ‘we are not English we are Scouse’ shite.
The whole country knows that Man City is financially doped and yet the majority (exclude refs and pundits) preferred seeing them triumph over you. What does that say to you?
(Probably ‘Pass the victim card, its still warm’)

Yeah, i wasn't impressed. We have as rich a history as the dippers, yet we were portrayed as fucking Barnsley.

Dunno. I'm a bit drunk, so maybe a bit too touchy, but i was getting annoyed with it.
We are the underdog, I've absolutely no issue with that, they have finished with many more points than us this year (albeit whilst playing at their home stadium) and they have won this thing five fucking times along with being runners up too, whilst this is the first time we've got this far. But we haven't been lucky in my eyes. I thought we were very unlucky to only have 1 point after our first three games, where we dominated our opponents for the most part.

It was just that middle part that got on my tits and most of it was from the mouths of Spurs fans.

This is all so mad. Imagine being a kid and growing up with this Spurs.

And to think my childhood started with Christian Gross showing us his underground ticket and finished with Calum Davenport getting stabbed by his sister, without a great deal in between.

No shade to Llorente, but we really need Kane (hi, i'm captain obvious). I hope the extent of his contribution is as a sub to waste time and allow the fans to cheer Kane as he slowly walks off the field all but guaranteed a win.
Kane is of course the better player but if Kane is not fit enough or if Lorente comes on as a sub I'm confident he can do the business. same with any of our squad really, gone are the days when an injury to Bale and it was game over.

Kane is of course the better player but if Kane is not fit enough or if Lorente comes on as a sub I'm confident he can do the business. same with any of our squad really, gone are the days when an injury to Bale and it was game over.
Yes, I trust him to win some balls, and have a few nice layoffs. It's just been too long since we've seen Harry on the pitch.

This is all so mad. Imagine being a kid and growing up with this Spurs.

And to think my childhood started with Christian Gross showing us his underground ticket and finished with Calum Davenport getting stabbed by his sister, without a great deal in between.
I've got my girlfriend into Spurs, meaning she's only really followed it for the last year and a half.

She is so fucking spoilt.
:eriksenlol:

Reminiscing growing up and we were utter fucking shite..I chose to support this club at 8 years old during the 93 season when nobody down my way (friends or family) were spurs. I used to get my loving dad who passed in 2011 to record every Match of the day episode because I wasn't allowed to stay up and I became addicted.
My mum would always try and calm me down during games and always said "I swear this team is gonna be what kills you" lol. I dunno man...it feels like Saturday is gonna feel kinda final to me...like a new chapter.

Back
Top Bottom