Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We didn't buy the finished product in Janssen, we knew that beforehand. It was always going to take time. He comes from a subtop team in the Eredivisie in AZ, and even there it took a while before he started scoring regularly. And he only played for AZ for one season, before that he was at Almere City for two years, a mediocre team from the Dutch second division (that's probably somewhere between league 1 and 2 in terms of quality). As I said, the step up is huge, he'll need time. Many of our players needed one or even two years to show their qualities for us, and they often came from bigger teams/leagues.
OK fair enough but we paid an awful lot for the unfinished product . often you see glimpses of what to expect. I haven't seen much in terms of scoring ability. that is often what you pay for in a striker. we will have to wait and see who is right on this one.

He really does need to start scoring... or else all the good will at his 'overall game' and 'hold up play' will start to wear very thin...

yea, let's ship him to chelsea! why this ridiculous support for a player who's contribution has been minimal so far. our best game was when he was on the bench against man city.

Oh fuck off you annoying cunt. He's 22 for fuck sake, and is low on confidence which all strikers need. He'll be fine once he gets off the mark. I really wish twats like you would fuck off though, I hope you're a gooner cause if not your a really really shit Tottenham fan. Fine, you don't rate him, you can't see his ability even though it is clearly there. but, comparing him to our rivals shit striker is proper cuntish.

He's having a great game you knob
A great game?????
He had a good 5 minutes with the header onto the bar and a nice bit of skill to get the ball into the box. Other then that he looked like a little boy lost chasing the ball and getting himself offside a few times.
Our players are literally playing around him which is sad to watch but understandable.

Oh fuck off you annoying cunt. He's 22 for fuck sake, and is low on confidence which all strikers need. He'll be fine once he gets off the mark. I really wish twats like you would fuck off though, I hope you're a gooner cause if not your a really really shit Tottenham fan. Fine, you don't rate him, you can't see his ability even though it is clearly there. but, comparing him to our rivals shit striker is proper cuntish.
at least he has you holding his hand..

A great game?????
He had a good 5 minutes with the header onto the bar and a nice bit of skill to get the ball into the box. Other then that he looked like a little boy lost chasing the ball and getting himself offside a few times.
Our players are literally playing around him which is sad to watch but understandable.
we are so desperate for him to score that even missing a great chance and hitting the bar is so 'close' as to call it a good moment. i don't think it was a good moment. although dele's miss was worse.

we are so desperate for him to score that even missing a great chance and hitting the bar is so 'close' as to call it a good moment. i don't think it was a good moment. although dele's miss was worse.
Well, Shearer called it... he really does need to improve on his finishing!

It's annoying, 'cos he's always there ready to take a chance... if they all went in, he'd be n 20+ goals already this season...
...as it is, he's an attacking midfielder who can chip in with goals (which he's doing), he's not a lethal striker expected to score 25+ goals a season!

Good game but does run out of gas, hasn't had enough time yet to get fully Poch fit, probably won't see that before the half way mark of the season, I'd imagine the adaption is brutal.

at least he has you holding his hand..

giphy.gif

It just all seems very Soldado doesn't it.

Hit's the woodwork when he does get a rare chance at goal. Not scored from open play and we're a quarter into the season.

Well, Shearer called it... he really does need to improve on his finishing!

It's annoying, 'cos he's always there ready to take a chance... if they all went in, he'd be n 20+ goals already this season...
...as it is, he's an attacking midfielder who can chip in with goals (which he's doing), he's not a lethal striker expected to score 25+ goals a season!
dele yes.. seems to miss the best chances but score the more difficult ones.

I like him. He links up well & is good at holding up the ball. Always a handful for defenders.
But I don't expect him to chip in with more than 10 goals a season.
& he does seem a strange signing if poch wants him to press lots.
& as tomo pointed out, he is knackered after an hour.
Will have to improve his fitness massively to make it under poch.

I think Harry's injury has been more of a hindrance to him settling than a help, he was bought in for cover and would need to learn the tactics and work up to Poch's insane levels of required fitness. All of a sudden he's starting our Champions League games as our only recognised striker. I'm giving him benefit of the doubt and a season to acclimatise, as would be expected if last seasons Golden Boot winner wasn't injured.

Back
Top Bottom