Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, he can't even put his shirt on properly... no wonder he's having trouble scoring if he can't get his kit over his head!

SOMEONE TEACH HIM TO GET DRESSED BEFORE THE WEEKEND!!

He is the great Corn Julio!

latest

...ah... by that 'username' logic, I could be* a Burnley, Oxford City, Q.P.R or Albion Rovers fan in disguise!

*I'm not... but, y'know...

Your's is not as blatant, in it 's way over-stating it.

Secondly, this cockwomble starts slating the player and going in OTT from his first post.
I won't be losing any sleep over it fella, that's fo sho :allitongue:

What the fuck has this thread become? He's a 22 year old backup player who's been in England for two months!? Laughable, put the plastics in the bin, if after 2 seasons he flops fair enough but writing him off after 2 months doesn't sit well with me. Entitled cunts pretending to be Spurs fans - bring back Pav, that will silence the new plastics.

If Harry wasn't injured and hadn't scored in a few games you'd pine for Janssen - pathetic.

What the fuck has this thread become? He's a 22 year old backup player who's been in England for two months!? Laughable, put the plastics in the bin, if after 2 seasons he flops fair enough but writing him off after 2 months doesn't sit well with me. Entitled cunts pretending to be Spurs fans - bring back Pav, that will silence the new plastics.

If Harry wasn't injured and hadn't scored in a few games you'd pine for Janssen - pathetic.

Couldn't agree more with ya, people been on his case for ages now.... I can't understand it, granted 17 mil is a lot of money to most of us, but in football terms now it ain't a drop in the ocean....
let's compare Jannsen for 17 mil to a certain pogba for 89 mil who looks pretty standard so far in the PL, know they are different players etc, but it kind of puts into perspective,A - that 17 mil ain't much to spend on a striker who was leading goal scorer in there respective league last season, and B- that it takes time to adjust to the intensity of the league etc...

Also he was awarded the Dutch footballer of the year last season....
A lot of players who have won this have turned out to be world class even in the PL...

Dutch Footballer of the Year - Wikipedia

Absolutely spot on. I've been saying this since he arrived. If he looked like a complete donkey I'd be worried, but he's clearly got quality so everyone should just chill out.

Thought he should have started today. I think we certainly could have done with him in the first half when Bournemouth were all over us and we had zero outlet, we just tended to hoof the ball up field to Son, who for whatever reason seems to have lost any sort of pace he had.

Didn't really do much when he come on though, he did lay off the ball for Eriksen for the Rose chance in the second half but other then that, didn't really impose himself on the game. I see that he has the tendency to back in a bit too much, which for an opposing defender is great. All the defender has to do is back off and fall and it's a foul and it's also easier to defend because Janssen is off balance and you can just get your foot in and get the ball.

It's hard for him and with Kane back in training, he won't have many more chances.

Thought he looked like a little boy lost and disrupted our system when he came on. We were not very good first half but 2nd half we looked like we would score before he came on and changed our system.
Janssen had a chance to curl it with his stronger foot but delayed and delayed and delayed until he was tackled. Other then that he didnt do much but foul and back into the opposition CB whilst waiting for the ball to come to him.

Thought he looked like a little boy lost and disrupted our system when he came on. We were not very good first half but 2nd half we looked like we would score before he came on and changed our system.
Janssen had a chance to curl it with his stronger foot but delayed and delayed and delayed until he was tackled. Other then that he didnt do much but foul and back into the opposition CB whilst waiting for the ball to come to him.

I think a lot has to do with taking Son and Alli off to be honest. Janssen had an off form Lamela and Eriksen playing behind him and Sissoko on the wing.

I think he'd have looked a lot better if he had Son, Alli and one of Lamela/Eriksen playing behind him. The best part of Janssens game is CLEARLY his hold up play. He wasn't fed the ball enough when he come on and when he did, no one was near him.

I too was also disappointed he didnt have a shot when he was on his left foot. That could be a confidence thing though.

Back
Top Bottom