Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's some impatient folk on here. We'd all love for him to be scoring for fun. I think there is the fear that he's going to do a Soldado. But there's enough about his all round game to suggest that even though he isn't scoring, he's contributing to the team effort as he adapts. He's been thrown in at the deep end with Kane's injury & that was always the risk. It's not the ideal situation for him as a player learning the ropes at a new club in a new country. And it's frustrating for the fans to see him struggle in front of goal. But I will stick my neck on the line & say that he will be banging them in for us before too long. This wasn't a panic buy from Poch. He must be confident he can get him firing on all cylinders. I've no reason to feel concerned at the lack of goals from a young lad who has only played a handful of games
:avbpray:

Half a season isn't enough, it seems to take a full season for players to adapt to Pochball.

Of course it isn't. If he needs more time he will get it as long as Poch thinks Janssen can do the job for us! For the sake of taking pressure off the kid it's vital that he gets a goal or two sooner rather than later.

In the meantime we can't possibly know whether this will work, but I choose to trust Poch's decision making on this. It worked for Rose, Dembele, Lamela, Dier, Son etc..

Pathetic gooner cunt. Even your name gives it away, why the need to point out you're a "Spurs fan", if you were genuine.
Fancy taking time out of your day to register

...ah... by that 'username' logic, I could be* a Burnley, Oxford City, Q.P.R or Albion Rovers fan in disguise!

*I'm not... but, y'know...

If I´m not misstaken he did most of he´s scoring in the second half of last season as new player in AZ Alkmaar. Still was the dutch topscorer

Edit. Had to check. there are 34 games in the Dutch season.
He´s first goal in game 8.
First half (17 games) = 5 goals
Second half = 21 goals.

And since he scored 27 i have missed one.

Last edited:
It just all seems very Soldado doesn't it.

Hit's the woodwork when he does get a rare chance at goal. Not scored from open play and we're a quarter into the season.

I have to say, its the way he is played. He stays centre ( a box player) and others play off him, He does it brilliantly and where the old fashion type forward would get you headers from crosses or back post tap ins, our football isn't like that (except against Bayer Leverkusen we threw in loads of crosses and he was a lot better for it. We play on the run, receiving the ball as we move. He needs to get moving in what little space there is-he can become a little static.

Messi is a good example of picking the ball up deep and running at defenders with others running off him.Janssen will never do that, he is a penalty area CF.

The team needs to learn his game as much as he understands theirs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom