Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering he would never have played so many minutes had Kane not been injured, it's a bit unfair on old Vincy to give him so much stick.

Hardly any of our creative players were on the pitch with him against Villa, were they?

Fair play.

Came off the bench and his strength caused a lot of problems for them, which is surprising as you'd expect them to be able to deal with that sort of style being in League Two. Won the penalty with a brilliant turn and his pass for Son for the winning goal was perfect. Only shame was that his header didn't go in, because a winner from Janssen would have been great.

Hope he has gained a whole deal of confidence from this. He's always been a hard worker and he DOES offer us something different, just needs to be a striker, aim to get on the end of things and it'll come.

This was exactly the same performance he gave us whilst Kane was injured. I like this style, he is our Troy Deeny, and tough bastard who plays in the face of oppo CB's, works them over, he's on the edge & puts himself about. Couldn't give a stuff if he scores, these performances mean if he doesn't, others will.

Odd no one giving him or Son stick, like they did Lamela, for arguing over who takes the pen. Doesn't bother me one bit, I like it, rather that than have no one with the balls to take it.

He looked good when he came on today. He's a grafter, works so hard. Without him we had not turned it around today. I actually thought his performances were decent when Kane was out. He was good against Albion and Leicester especially. It was in the Champions League that he struggled.

Of course he has to score much more but I'm not writing him off yet. His mentality looks very good. As I said I'm not disputing that he's not been good enough but he's also a little bit the victim of social media, tabloid "oh look they've signed someone who doesn't work from minute 1" type clickbait. Just look at the Telegraph and the nonsense they put out today after his very good performance.

He looked good when he came on today. He's a grafter, works so hard. Without him we had not turned it around today. I actually thought his performances were decent when Kane was out. He was good against Albion and Leicester especially. It was in the Champions League that he struggled.

Of course he has to score much more but I'm not writing him off yet. His mentality looks very good. As I said I'm not disputing that he's not been good enough but he's also a little bit the victim of social media, tabloid "oh look they've signed someone who doesn't work from minute 1" type clickbait. Just look at the Telegraph and the nonsense they put out today after his very good performance.
I think he plays with his back to the goal too much

He runs around a lot, but that's part of the problem: he doesn't take up goal scoring positions enough. He's a bit like an over enthusiastic 8 year old trying to play every position up front. If he can add some subtlety, focus and better positional play to his game, then he still has a chance to come good. I hope he does because he clearly cares and is trying hard for the cause. But Wycombe are hardly a benchmark test for him: they're the 4th tier of English football FFS.

Thought he did well yesterday, but sometimes I wonder wtf is he doing. When he assists Son's goal vs Middlesborough he stands in one place and watches Son go for a shot and finish. Dele or Harry would have been crashing the goal looking for a rebound or bounce and would not stop moving until the ball hits the back of the net. In a recent clip, he did the exact same thing.

Thought he did well yesterday, but sometimes I wonder wtf is he doing. When he assists Son's goal vs Middlesborough he stands in one place and watches Son go for a shot and finish. Dele or Harry would have been crashing the goal looking for a rebound or bounce and would not stop moving until the ball hits the back of the net. In a recent clip, he did the exact same thing.

He's just trying to prove to Son that a pass between them can exist

Back
Top Bottom