Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would have liked to have seen him come on instead of sissoko last night and have a bit more time to influence the game, still hindsight is a awesome thing!

I like Janssen. Hope he stays with Spurs for a while, I'd be really happy to meet him. I just hope he's not getting paid any serious amount of money. All he does is hold the ball up and score penalties, we could bring back Soldado to do that virtually for free.

EDIT: Hell, you could sign some random American or Chinese striker to do exactly what Janssen does. Think of the shirt sales!

I like Janssen. Hope he stays with Spurs for a while, I'd be really happy to meet him. I just hope he's not getting paid any serious amount of money. All he does is hold the ball up and score penalties, we could bring back Soldado to do that virtually for free.

EDIT: Hell, you could sign some random American or Chinese striker to do exactly what Janssen does. Think of the shirt sales!
Or Korean....?

:sonpoint::levylol:

I think it's last chance saloon for Vinny tomorrow (if he even plays!)
If he can manage to score, we have a chance of winning... if he doesn't, and we end up losing, then I don't think he'll have another 1st team opportunity again this season... (barring injury to Kane, Son and Dele)

He's an old skool number 9 and if he dont alter our style to suit him (wingers going wide, not inside) then its never going to work for him here. If that was our Plan B in games then we'd see some return from him, but we dont really have a Plan B.

He's an old skool number 9 and if he dont alter our style to suit him (wingers going wide, not inside) then its never going to work for him here. If that was our Plan B in games then we'd see some return from him, but we dont really have a Plan B.
Vincent Janssen doesn't even know what type of striker he's meant to be. You say wingers would help but how? Janssen drops deep all the time (his positioning is abysmal) and his reaction to rebounds is non existent as he's never in the place he should be due to his crap positioning. He just runs around and lets the game go by whilst his teammates do the constructive work (not saying he doesn't put effort in because he does but he doesn't contribute anything in our attacks whatsoever)

If he plays today lets hope he puts in a shift of course but that he can find the net once or twice.

We needed a 3rd striker in the summer and again in January so talk of Pochettino demanding an improvement from the guy makes it even more strange that we did not add to our striking numbers.

What is worse for me is that as much as we mostly admire Kane it is also important for Kane not to expect and know he will saunter into the starting line-up once fit. It is essential to have healthy competition for places.

To me that is where Janssen has so far been just as disappointing but you know, scouting systems should reveal some of these concerns.

The world is a big place.

Sadly, Janssen is not even at Soldado's level: he's far, far worse.

When he first signed and played early season I thought he looked really good. Strong on the ball, linked play well, worked his nuts off.

There is a player in there but I'm not sure that the circumstances are ever going to present themselves for him to show it now.

He needed to spend this first season with us acclimatising and coming off the bench as some relief to Kane. But unfortunately for him Kane got injured and he was thrown in the deep end. Let's not forget that he did play well in those early games but it just wasn't going in for him (plus he wasn't getting much in the way of chances).

But that spell I think totally destroyed his confidence and now he's stuck in a situation where he's under immense scrutiny every time he gets a few minutes - both from the fans and probably himself. He looks desperate rather than relaxed.

The problem now is I don't see how you break out if that situation.

Only two things could save him. Either a loan to another Prem club (if one would even take him) to build some confidence under slightly less scrutiny. Or there's a small hope that a clean slate next season might help him relax a bit.

Either way he's done for us this season. I do feel for him though.

i know he was bought as one for the future, but at 18 million when kane got injured, he should have stepped up to the plate. If he is doing everything he is being coached to do, its not his fault if he doesnt get the chances on goal. Very complicated and will be interesting what Poch ends up deciding to do.

Back
Top Bottom