Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A very different player to the way he played when he first got into the team. He certainly knows how to defend now. Much improved and will be missed next week.

Come and get the ball if you think your hard enough..................
Cxx_ufHWQAAgnZe.jpg:large

Wanyama is on page 3 - I guess this reflects, he just plods along without doing anything special and being noticed. This could be the problem, just plods?

Its just hit me that he could be our disruption-where is the high tempo, playing quicker passes and getting the ball forward quicker. He is a very good player, the bit of steel we needed but breaks up our movement forward. He never seems to play the ball forward, never bursts forward with ball or take players on. last season Dier did everything that Wanyama does and more especially contributing going forward either with the ball or making forward passes. I feel we miss this, it opens up teams. My one criticism with Wheelchair at the Woolwich is he just moves the ball on with no invention. This is the same with Wanyama. If Dier is fit , he should claim back his spot in front of the back 4, he's a better player there.

Wanyama is on page 3 - I guess this reflects, he just plods along without doing anything special and being noticed. This could be the problem, just plods?

Its just hit me that he could be our disruption-where is the high tempo, playing quicker passes and getting the ball forward quicker. He is a very good player, the bit of steel we needed but breaks up our movement forward. He never seems to play the ball forward, never bursts forward with ball or take players on. last season Dier did everything that Wanyama does and more especially contributing going forward either with the ball or making forward passes. I feel we miss this, it opens up teams. My one criticism with Wheelchair at the Woolwich is he just moves the ball on with no invention. This is the same with Wanyama. If Dier is fit , he should claim back his spot in front of the back 4, he's a better player there.
He never plays the ball forward?? his dustribution has been excellent and not what i expected when he first signed.

He never plays the ball forward?? his dustribution has been excellent and not what i expected when he first signed.
I really do like the player and feel he gives us something we didn't have last season which is muscle . He wins it, he gives it but thats it. The pass is never inventive, never gets the play started and never drives forward with the ball. last season we were a little more dynamic and Dier was part of that. We miss Lamela, he gives us that energy we seem to be lacking. Wanyama, I like loads but feel he may be damping our energy with his humdrum way about him.

Last edited:
This guy is killing our style, he is spraying predictable passes sideways instead to number ten positioned player and takes out our creativity. Notice Dier, boy always tries to put the pass to the centre which made our transition from attack to defence fluent. Why Poch never trusts his proven pair this year is beyond me. Wanyama is really gud, but he shouldnt be our only option to anchor. Hope Poch rotates him more with Dier

The staff are right he does need to score if he gets himself into scoring positions. He has taken that on board which is good and should practice shooting as more goals from him would be invaluable.

The staff are right he does need to score if he gets himself into scoring positions. He has taken that on board which is good and should practice shooting as more goals from him would be invaluable.
I mean it is tough to find fault with him. He has been immense but if he worked on his shooting he could be world class. He seems to shape up to shoot like he is passing it into the net its actually kind of funny

He reminds me of a kid that you'd end up with in your team at lunchtime at school that normally played rugby.

Good at the heading, tracking, tackling and running, but doesn't really know how to kick it

Yea his offensive skills leave a lot to be desired, but he does all the other things at a very high level. He appears to be strong enough and fast enough to mark anybody in the Prem, which is no mean feat.

I hope he is encouraged to develop his offensive game further, and feel he is young enough that can still legitimately improve there. Between him, Dier, and Winks, I feel like our post-Dembele CM future has been secured.

Back
Top Bottom