Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know this is a bit cheesy but it's so apt

Bill Nic said "If you don’t have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can’t claim to have done your best".

Well today Wanyama on the final whistle just slumped down on his back in pain and utter exhaustion. He couldn't move, he had to be pulled up to his feet by Dembele.

What. A. Fucking. Player! Heroic performance from him.

I think I'm starting to believe now that Wanyama IS better than Dier.

It's like last season Dier was just keeping Wanyama's place warm which is why we didn't finish higher. We've now UPGRADED the first eleven and have improved. It's important we get someone in the summer who IMPROVES our first eleven again to allow us to move onto the next level.

A must for the next Queens honours list, what a master he is

I swear Poch must have him and Dembele have drills where they must play against 5 midfielders, they absolutely boss it in there

There wasn't much mention of them in the game thread, but I thought they were the best 2 players on the pitch. Dele 3rd.
There were moments where you had to feel bad for the poor blocks trying to get the ball off of them. Strength and agility. They are beautiful players to watch.

Some of Dele's touches today were class as well.

I think I'm starting to believe now that Wanyama IS better than Dier.

It's like last season Dier was just keeping Wanyama's place warm which is why we didn't finish higher. We've now UPGRADED the first eleven and have improved. It's important we get someone in the summer who IMPROVES our first eleven again to allow us to move onto the next level.

If we could get someone that makes as much of an impact as Big Vic would be great. And Dier has basically been like a new signing every season because of his versatility. Maybe we should try him up top so we have another option

Pissed as arseholes...not the best time to post on a robust forum like this - but fuck it.

Why can't we be happy with that? Which global megastar would have sexed it all up & allowed us a bigger win against a well organised team with a couple of allegedly top drawer players of their own?

Peace to you all.

If we could get someone that makes as much of an impact as Big Vic would be great. And Dier has basically been like a new signing every season because of his versatility. Maybe we should try him up top so we have another option
I really like Dier. Unfortunate for him he probably doesn't make our best 11. But, if you plug him into DM or CB there is a very, very small drop off. Almost none. Makes him as good as a starter. That is depth at its finest.

I really like Dier. Unfortunate for him he probably doesn't make our best 11. But, if you plug him into DM or CB there is a very, very small drop off. Almost none. Makes him as good as a starter. That is depth at its finest.
Dier will be our next skipper

Wanyama is a total monster and has definitely won out the CM spot next to Dembele away from Dier. I don't think Dier will be getting it back from him anytime soon.

I'm kind of hoping that Dier can become our next Dembele given that it would allow to move back in to a midfield role, but, I think that he also needs to really buckle down on his fitness as he looks a bit less mobile than Dembele/Wanyama . I don't want him to leave the club because he can't get in the starting XI but we are sort of heading that direction presently. He can't possibly be our skipper if he can't lock down a place in the starting XI though.

I don't think he's a left-sided CB, and I don't want to think about a future without Alderweireld, so it seems like the only spot he could go/grow into. I don't know how a Dier-Wanyama pairing looks but I hope we get to see it again sometime before the end of the season- perhaps in a Europa League or FA cup match.

Back
Top Bottom