Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolute monster today - He's getting better every single game. I have fully eaten my words and will never say a bad word about him ever again.

This is how I remember Wanyama from last season when we played against Southampton last season. He cut so many of our plays in the middle like how he did today. On the other hand, it made me a bit nervous after he got a yellow card today. Sometimes, players need to think about the team after getting booked once. Besides that I was very pleased with Wanyama's performance today. What a beast!

This is how I remember Wanyama from last season when we played against Southampton last season. He cut so many of our plays in the middle like how he did today. On the other hand, it made me a bit nervous after he got a yellow card today. Sometimes, players need to think about the team after getting booked once. Besides that I was very pleased with Wanyama's performance today. What a beast!

It was similar in the Middlesbrough game, he got a yellow card but he was then a lot more mature and obviously made less rash decisions and he improved more and more as the game went on - it was basically the same today. Obviously not being on a yellow allows him to be a lot more aggressive which helps in his role but he's almost JUST as good on a yellow.

It's great though to be able to replace him with Dier when he's on a yellow and not replacing him with the likes of Mason or Carroll for example.

It was similar in the Middlesbrough game, he got a yellow card but he was then a lot more mature and obviously made less rash decisions and he improved more and more as the game went on - it was basically the same today. Obviously not being on a yellow allows him to be a lot more aggressive which helps in his role but he's almost JUST as good on a yellow.

It's great though to be able to replace him with Dier when he's on a yellow and not replacing him with the likes of Mason or Carroll for example.

I completely understand what you mean there. I liked Mason, and I don't have anything against Tom Carroll. But, personally, I feel much safer having Wanyama in the center; especially now that Dembele is out and Dier is not 100% yet.

CuAF1w1XgAA7C_p.jpg

Yes!! This pic might find it's way onto my desktop for a few days!

Another great game again today, Probably our Man of the Match to be honest, can't think of any others on the pitch who had such a good game. Perhaps Kyle Walker.

Not getting the praise he deserves. He replaces Dembele very well.

He allows us to retain the pressure in the last third, and he was basically unplayable in the first half. It was very clear that Pulis wanted to expose our 'weakness' by playing with just one holding midfielder, but no West Brom player was able to get the ball of him and start the counter attack. Very impressive so far.

I like these types of players. They don't try to do something fancy in midfield (Bentaleb), they know when to defend or to attack (Mason) and they know where to position themselves (Dier). Another example of these types would be Wimmer (in terms of defending), Janssen (hold-up play) and Son (staying wide - cross/drift in - shoot). Of course you also need somebody like Eriksen or Alli to add creativity to our play, but I believe somebody like Zaha would still fit us very well.

I simply cannot believe how good he is.

He didn't look this good at Soton or Celtic. Poch working that magic again.

Been our best player by a country mile this year.

I thought he was your standard 7/10 decent grafter. Fuck no, dude's a fucking monster.

Back
Top Bottom