Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Full credit to the lads what a great result especially considering the horror start. I'm not going to lie though I was a bit nervous at 2-1 when we were pushing to equalize we were leaving ourselves very open and Juve came close to punishing us but we held our nerve and got our just reward.

I just kept thinking 2-1 is not the worst result and we were playing like a league match where 3 points is all we wanted, I think Poch had a word then because we seemed to settle down and become more disciplined after the 2nd goal.

Chiellini dived all over the place yesterday.
How many free kicks did he win, for nothing.

Yet some cunts are picking on Kane again.

Also what did Higuain really do?
It was a sweet volley but I feel Hugo should have saved it. Just a bit unlucky?
He got a hand to that first goal and the penalty but failed to divert both away or around.

After that he didn’t do much.

I think we can safely say Lamela is back to his best. Having Son plus the new comer Maura makes the squad look at its best. Haven't forgotten Toby.

Cheer up grumpy goat, we just got a great result. You took my post way to literal & personal & turned it in to a reason to bitch on your so called joyful night!
I was talking more about getting carried away in football terms & on the pitch. Thinking we are already through, the players being complacent & over confident. A few posters have said the same thing after me too. I never said don't be happy or celebrate tonight lads. I wasn't on my way out the door to come to all your joyful celebrations & take your glass of beer out of your hands!
I am sorry if you thought I cared how much you celebrated. Drink non stop for the next 48 hours & then get CL WINNERS 2017/18 tattooed on your mug if you want. I honestly wouldn't care less.

But IN REALITY you chose to celebrate your joy by coming on to a message board, getting worked up/angry/annoyed over an online strangers comment & then you took time out your busy joyful celebrations to bitch about him & try to pick a fight & start an argument with him. I honestly don't think that is the definition of uncontrollable joy goatboy.

& that goes to anyone else who bitched, moaned or tried to start an argument with me whilst proclaiming to be in a state of uncontrollable joy. Its a Strange way of being joyful!
& for future reference I don't care how you celebrate, celebrate a draw with rochdale if you want, Your not as important as you seem to think you are. & don't let strangers online interrupt, disturb or spoil your joyful times people.
I won't be reading your reply goatboy, so no need to waste a precious minute of your joyful time typing to me is there! But I bet you still do despite being so so joyful!
Over & out!

You're a racist, and a loser. And that is all I have to say to you, you gooner loving piece of shite. But stop pretending to be a spurs fan, coz you're not. And you ain't welcome here either.

Now fuck off and shag your granny you fat twat. OVER AND OUT!

According to what i'm hearing today,Juventus have gone from a team that was going to rip us a new aris,to an old team that's past it.Exactly what people said about Real Madrid in the group stage.....

2015 CL final Juventus had players like Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Evra, Lichtsteiner, Pirlo, Tevez... They were so young :dembelelol:

I disagree what Verts does is slide to block shots IN the box and slides to make a tackle outside it, agree its an art and Verts is a master. Aurier isn't. Some players are just naturally gifted at it, such as Graig Johnston when he was at lollerpoo.
There was a time when some people didn’t rate Vertonghen. Said he didn’t care becuase of his body language in the tunnel.
A lot of fans wanted him out, said he couldn’t defend.
One of our managers said the same.

Look how he’s improved his game since Pochettino came.
Same with Rose, who was also rash with his decisions.

It’s just my opinion, but I think Pochettino will improve Aurier. Aurier will get more familiar.
I may be wrong.
Same with Sanchez
The kids young and he has errors in him.
It’s his first season and for someone with little experience slotting straight into the team he’s done well.
I think it’s really sad when he’s slated for a couple of errors.

Chiellini dived all over the place yesterday.
How many free kicks did he win, for nothing.

Yet some cunts are picking on Kane again.

Also what did Higuain really do?
It was a sweet volley but I feel Hugo should have saved it. Just a bit unlucky?
He got a hand to that first goal and the penalty but failed to divert both away or around.

After that he didn’t do much.

Pjanic also spent more time rolling around on the floor than actually playing. Probably fancied a break from chasing Dembele around all game

If you want a laugh. Read this. Non-LFC games - 13+14th of February - Page 10
All the usual tropes being exhibited quite amazingly. My two favourites...
'Full-time 2-2 advantage spurs

Never seen Juve so poor in their own half - the amount of big mistakes they made was shocking.

Great game to watch - but poor quality for this stage of the cl.'

Well we managed to outplay you.

'Great gotta keep hearing about how good spurs are for the next few weeks.

They'll still win nothing so oh well
.'

They last won something 12 years ago. I swear Scousers are the most deluded.

Edit: Apologies. They actually won the league cup 7 years ago.

According to what i'm hearing today,Juventus have gone from a team that was going to rip us a new aris,to an old team that's past it.Exactly what people said about Real Madrid in the group stage.....
100%. People were laughing at us when we drew Real Madrid and Dortmund, and they were laughing even harder when we drew Juve.

Question is, who do we want next? I'd love to draw either Bayern or PSG.

What you said on Twitter, using #bbcfootball
Aaron: This is what happens when a dated Juve team plays a young Spurs!
Mollie: Spurs have been excellent tonight and they fully deserve to be level. Buffon probably should have saved that though.
Lotak: Makes you wonder where Spurs could be if they hadn't given Juve a two-goal head start inside 10 minutes.

WHO IS Aaron?!

Never seen Juve so poor in their own half - the amount of big mistakes they made was shocking.

.'

The bin dippers really are sour cunts. If they did what we did last night they’d erect a fucking statue of Klopp. Problem is they wouldn’t, they’d have run out of gas on 60 minutes due to their ‘Gegen press’ (running around like headless chickens) and their current players don’t have the bollocks to turn a game around

One point I wanted to make about the free kick Eriksen scored.
I was looking at the Woolwich one and we filled the wall on Cechs left.
He anticipated it would go to his right and moved before it was taken.
If Eriksen had gone the way we bluffed it would have gone in. He’d have been wrong footed.
Shame he didn’t spot Chechen move.

Last night we had Lamela over the ball, which made Buffon take the step to his right and Eriksen hits it where we were in the wall to his left,

If Lamela would have been over the free kick at Woolwich?

_100020835_juventus.jpg

.'

They’ve done the same as us Trophy wise
Since 2008 we have both won one league cup .
Domestically they have had 3 semi finals and one final
We have had 3 semi finals, two finals and one QF
We have finished above them 7 times of the 10 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom