Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we were 4-0 down to Inter in the San Siro on our first Champions League adventure, my wife asked why I was still watching the match on tv, and I replied that " you never know, there's still time to do something to keep the tie alive" and that's exactly how i felt last night. Yes, it was a huge disappointment to be 2-0 down after 9 minutes and having barely had a kick of the ball, but if we've learnt anything from this group of players it's that they have a heart of steel and will keep going until the final whistle.
Also, huge, huge props to the amazing away support - if you closed your eyes it would quite easily have been mistaken for a home tie.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-19-at-11.39.20.png

My night! Get in!
What a great show, even better to come out and realize we had turned it around. Kendrick is a yido la la la la

When we were 4-0 down to Inter in the San Siro on our first Champions League adventure, my wife asked why I was still watching the match on tv, and I replied that " you never know, there's still time to do something to keep the tie alive" and that's exactly how i felt last night. Yes, it was a huge disappointment to be 2-0 down after 9 minutes and having barely had a kick of the ball, but if we've learnt anything from this group of players it's that they have a heart of steel and will keep going until the final whistle.
Also, huge, huge props to the amazing away support - if you closed your eyes it would quite easily have been mistaken for a home tie.

Felt low after 10 mins obviously, but I absolutely knew we would come back into the game, especially around the 20 minute mark. They had no out ball, were playing so deep that their centre forwards were half way inside their own half, fucking mandzukic was playing left back. Fair play if you’re doing that with 20 minutes to go, but not 80.

Only worry was costa on the counter attack, but he did nothing other than aurier chopping him down. Thought we genuinely controlled the game for 80 minutes. This team never knows when it’s beaten, never thought I’d hear myself say that as a 30 year old spurs fan, some of the sides we’ve had to fucking watch. So proud of the team and the direction we’re going in now.

Ridiculous post all round.

Gone backwards in the league? The standard is much tougher this year and we've just taken 7 points from 9 against United, Woolwich, and Liverpool. Backwards my fucking arse, ya wee cunt.

And tonight is exactly the kind of night to carried away by. Either get some joy out of life, or fuck off, you fucking bastard.
Cheer up grumpy goat, we just got a great result. You took my post way to literal & personal & turned it in to a reason to bitch on your so called joyful night!
I was talking more about getting carried away in football terms & on the pitch. Thinking we are already through, the players being complacent & over confident. A few posters have said the same thing after me too. I never said don't be happy or celebrate tonight lads. I wasn't on my way out the door to come to all your joyful celebrations & take your glass of beer out of your hands!
I am sorry if you thought I cared how much you celebrated. Drink non stop for the next 48 hours & then get CL WINNERS 2017/18 tattooed on your mug if you want. I honestly wouldn't care less.

But IN REALITY you chose to celebrate your joy by coming on to a message board, getting worked up/angry/annoyed over an online strangers comment & then you took time out your busy joyful celebrations to bitch about him & try to pick a fight & start an argument with him. I honestly don't think that is the definition of uncontrollable joy goatboy.

& that goes to anyone else who bitched, moaned or tried to start an argument with me whilst proclaiming to be in a state of uncontrollable joy. Its a Strange way of being joyful!
& for future reference I don't care how you celebrate, celebrate a draw with rochdale if you want, Your not as important as you seem to think you are. & don't let strangers online interrupt, disturb or spoil your joyful times people.
I won't be reading your reply goatboy, so no need to waste a precious minute of your joyful time typing to me is there! But I bet you still do despite being so so joyful!
Over & out!

Last edited:
Yes boys,

Long time lurker first time poster. Had to get involved after last night. So proud of the team. Dembele is an absolute machine, criminally underrated. So buzzed for the second leg.

COYS

Wait a minute... do I have to relinquish the rights to the curb gifs? Do I have to speak to Jeff?

source.gif

What a game, we dominated them!
How long is it since Eriksen scored on a direct free kick?!
Was amazing to hear the home fans starting booing Juve when they couldn't take the ball from us

COYS

GettyImages.683043710.jpg

Where is this picture from? Didn't think walker stilled played for us? :pochserious2:

Give Aurier time, Poch will make him good. Some of the comments harsh, remember the goal he scored in Wembley even if it was a fluke. The guy is trying, he arrived this season plus had injury....

Got the assist on the first goal and won the free kick for the second .... let's hope he keeps this 'poor' run going ....
That is all part of his game, being quiet or a bit wasteful & then all of a sudden he produces key moments or a moment of magic that influences games in a big way. Also, he is still young, learning & maturing all the time!
Should only get better with time.

Give Aurier time, Poch will make him good. Some of the comments harsh, remember the goal he scored in Wembley even if it was a fluke. The guy is trying, he arrived this season plus had injury....

I thought he played well other than the penalty. As soon as costa went by him I knew he would smash him down. Seems to me like he has an inferiority complex, ‘you skinned me and I’m not fucking having it’. Walker had the same sort of mentality and Poch managed to sort his head out, think aurier will come good like you say

Is Dier having one of those games where he isn’t mentioned but doing sterling work off the ball?

He did have a dodgy 10 mins when he messed up 3 passes straight to a Juve player but he was OK apart from the said. He has a bad pass in him in a match which is worrying, also he is not the best in distribution.

Just try and learn not to melt so badly, if our players had your mentality we would be relegated

Listen to the podcast this week it was really good, and they sum up beautifully what its like to be a fan and how we should not get caught up in knee jerks, enjoy the moment.

10 mins of football does not define a season whether 2 up or 2 down, you have seen enough football and must know that this is the case surely?

We used to be useless, our average league position since 1961 is 8th and have no divine right to trophies, enjoy this team as it will not always be like this, there will be hard times and thats when you voice concerns when change is needed, this is when we push and believe my man

COYS
Mensa as classy as ever despite the influence of USA fighting against this trait. The right & correct way to talk to & deal with us melts. No over the top abuse or picking a back & forth all day & night argument.
I agree in general about never looking too deeply in to 10 mins or even 1 match. Even if we get knocked out in the 2nd leg ( I think we will go through in a nervy 1-1 draw) , we still have had a season to be proud of so far.
We qualified from our CL league group, beaten some top teams in england & europe & created a lot of good memories for the future. & as i said before, we have moved forward in terms of composure, mental strength, big game ability & european know how. Still in the CL, FA Cup & in the hunt for top 4.... so far so good!

I didn't come to the forum until this morning, been reading some of the posts.
Few of you need brain transplant.
You need to have Belief in Poch and have Faith in the starting XI.

Last edited:

Serge is a smart guy, he knew they would miss the pen, he also knew they would score if he didn't commit the foul, he just had to make sure he didn't get sent of doing so! Well in serge! :pochlol:

Back
Top Bottom