Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully they'll shit themselves when they hear our welcome at Wembley. COYS.
I know we can go through with 0-0 or 1-1 but I hope we go for the kill & attack them early on. I don't want to go through a nervy goalless home leg like AC Milan a few years ago.

Watched the game in the pub and even a couple of united boys was rooting for us at the end. What a fantastic performance. Juve are lucky to still be in the tie. Set up beautifully for a glory glory night in front of another 80 thousand+ home crowd now. Cant wait. Well done Poch and the boys. And for those knocking Aurier, if he hadn't made the foul they would have scored and possibly put the tie beyond us. COYMFS

Once upon a time we would have been convincingly beaten after that first ten minutes.

Not any more. Poch has built a club that believes in itself, and has the players to action it on the pitch.

COYS. Can’t wait for the return leg, Wembley will be bouncing.

I'm thinking more on the positional side if his game so he doesn't need to make those rash challenges.
Good point. but it me worries that even though he hasn't had a pre season with us, he has been with us for 6/7 mths and should have learnt by now. I thought he had but not on tonights showing

As amazing as that comeback was and as much confidence as we'll get from it, we still shouldn't get carried away and think that the tie is won. Juve are still very dangerous and they'll likely have their best player back for the 2nd leg. We need to be a lot better in defence at Wembley, cause we could have been dead and buried early in this game with our mistakes at the back.

Smiley??

DV8kJsBWkAASjwa.jpg:large

(Aurier's rashness is a genuine concern. Shouted at the TV not to lunge and what does he do? Has a lot to learn).
That's obviously your fault mate. Everyone knows if you're giving instructions, the last word should be the one you want them to hear because that's what sticks. Next time, don't yell "don't lunge" yell "stay on your feet".

Considering the result, I'm willing to give you a pass this time, but let's do better.

(see what I did there?)

:llorishowudoin::dierpochhug:

As amazing as that comeback was and as much confidence as we'll get from it, we still shouldn't get carried away and think that the tie is won. Juve are still very dangerous and they'll likely have their best player back for the 2nd leg. We need to be a lot better in defence at Wembley, cause we could have been dead and buried early in this game with our mistakes at the back.
Id say its 65/35 in our favour now. Another close game in the 2nd leg I reckon.

You know I really don't think so ... his touch is awful ... he's not fast and positionally he seems unaware

I know walker improved but the tools were always there.... poch coached the potential and made him an excellent fb

I absolutely hope I'm proved totally wrong but I don't see what he can do with that

A preseason gets him fitter , he doesn't look unfit
You might be right, but here's the important thing. Poch thinks he can do something with him or he wouldn't have brought him on. So I've gotta trust Poch and give the kid some time to improve.

Still buzzing. What a match. Total domination by Spurs. A couple of mental lapses on defense is the only reason for not getting the win. Juventus looked tired the last 70 minutes.

Last 5 minutes was agony.

Last edited:
Really feared the worst after 10 mins. We really must stop giving teams early goals. I thought the Kane effort was a penalty but BT seemed to brush it off. We do not even need to score at Wembley as we go through at 0-0. Juventus need to score but have the class to do so and we must therefore play the same as tonight without giving early goals away. Hopefully by then Toby will be back as a calming influence but trippier has to play against Costa as Aurier suspended.
Great night
They won’t score more than us at Wembley. (See post)

They were dead on their feet from after half an hour.

We will destroy them at Wembley.

I am in no doubt at all.

:tobyarm:

He’s not got the pace, Costa is fast.
In the PL inthink it’s a timing thing, that comes with not being sharp.
Look at how many of the Juve players made sliding tackles tonight in their box. Vertonghen does.
It’s an art.
He just needs to know when to and not to.
I think he will lose weight, get sharper and Pochettino will improve him.
I disagree what Verts does is slide to block shots IN the box and slides to make a tackle outside it, agree its an art and Verts is a master. Aurier isn't. Some players are just naturally gifted at it, such as Graig Johnston when he was at lollerpoo.

You might be right, but here's the important thing. Poch thinks he can do something with him or he wouldn't have brought him on. So I've gotta trust Poch and give the kid some time to improve.
You know that for certain

Poch bought Fazio and stambouli also

He can improve but he can't play like that again

(Edit. Sorry you said brought him on...... still he won't have pochs trust if that's how he responds to getting match time )

Back
Top Bottom