Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like to believe I've more faith in this team that the majority in here mate.
images

Some talk of "We've got a chance with the F.A. Cup, no one expects anything from us against Juve but we fucking have to get into the top 4". We get into the top 4 to get into this. very. position. For me, this is the biggest match for Tottenham Hotspur in many a year.

We might get another crack at it next year, but this is why we fight for the top four. Right here, right now.

(I should have held this off until I got into the dressing room before kick off but there's a chance they won't let me in).

Very excited to see what we are capable of against such an in form team.
Big test for us, but I'm not too nervous, we have shown this season we can handle big games. I hope we can be just a bit more clinical though, don't think we could afford to miss so many chances as against the scum.

Continue with the settled formation?
I don't mind Aurier coming in, but Davies starts ahead of Rose for me if fit.
If Dier starts I guess we could swap into a back 3 if need to.

Some talk of "We've got a chance with the F.A. Cup, no one expects anything from us against Juve but we fucking have to get into the top 4". We get into the top 4 to get into this. very. position. For me, this is the biggest match for Tottenham Hotspur in many a year.

We might get another crack at it next year, but this is why we fight for the top four. Right here, right now.

(I should have held this off until I got into the dressing room before kick off but there's a chance they won't let me in).

I get what your saying, but this is the fans perspective, the club want to get into the top four primarily because of the extra 50 to 100 million euros in revenue it brings you, along with the extra advertising pedigree.

Motivational music supplied

Alcohol ban in Turin from 8am tomorrow. Looks like I’ll have to get a case this evening to last all day tomorrow..

Also don’t have a ticket for the game so if anyone hears anything please feel free to drop me a message. Cheers gents!

I get what your saying, but this is the fans perspective, the club want to get into the top four primarily because of the extra 50 to 100 million euros in revenue it brings you, along with the extra advertising pedigree.

sorry for the dumb question but is that revenue purely from home match tickets, or is there something else?

sorry for the dumb question but is that revenue purely from home match tickets, or is there something else?
No. Purely for qualifying you get a fixed fee. Then you get money per game which increases depending on a win, draw or loss. Qualifying for the later rounds gives you more money in terms of fixed fees. Then you get a share of the TV money (or as it is called in the article 'market pool'). Also further exposure increases merch sales and future advertiser's revenue.

Explained here... 2017/18 UEFA Champions League revenue distribution

Edit: Plus, I used to like your wines ;)

Last edited:

It's TV money split between the clubs, plus prize money dependent on where you get in the comp.

2017/18 UEFA Champions League revenue distribution

These are some old figures(14/15) but show the sort of money we re talking about. Leicester took home 81 million euros in their sole CL campaign!

Champions-League-Prize-Money-distribution.png

And as i say, that's not including the extra pedigre the club has by being in the CL that then translates to the extra money we can expect form other commercial deals.

Goodmorning everyone. I'm an Italian fan of the spurs who lives in Turin, I wanted to invite all the British fans to come to my pub in the city center to drink a beer offered by me. let's go spurs! juve shit
Be careful. Almost sounds like you are offering everyone a free drink.

Edit: And it is nowhere near the morning in both countries :pocheyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom