Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Uninventive. No creativity. Slow on the ball. Much like we were against Everton and much like we were against Palace.

Basically, we just look quite poor without Dembele. Unless the team wake up, we aren't even going to get a point, let alone a win. Embarrassing.

Tbh I think people are pinning their hopes on Dembele too much.

There are wider issues

Far too early to be either pessimist or optimist at this point. It's a long season and we are already on more points than we were his time last season. And despite not being great today, it seems we are at least still showing the same kind of resilience that poch instilled last year. A few seasons ago we may have shipped 2 or 3 in this game but we hung on and got a point whilst staving off a top 4 rival from going above us.
Kane, eriksen etc will soon show their class. And it is impossible to overestimate the effect dembele has on how this side works when attacking.

Vorm came of age today. Best game for us. We did not lose and the stats show it was pretty close although it did not feel like it.
Mane should not have lasted 90 mins and a stronger ref would have sent him off. That would have been a different matter.
Dele ill last week, Walker this. Are any of the others not 100%. Might explain it.
Funny that Sky made a Liverpool defender MOM and did not even discuss that Mane was lucky to finish the match.
I think too much is expected of Dembele when he returns. Others need to step up.
Need an International break like a hole in the head.
Seems a very long time since I came away happy after a performance.

Cant believe the title of this thread..... Modern Football has won.

Bin dipping rat munching phlegm gargling grief monkeys.

Loved the team celebration by the way.

tumblr_ockl9vy3CA1qesncyo3_500.gif

Just got in and read the thread. Most of the cunts on here are a disgrace, especially the new cunts. Just a bunch of entitled squabbling children. No wonder we're so hated - all our new fans are cunts.

The disagree button is at the bottom right of your picture - use it you embarrassing wankers. I hate what we've become. 1-1 with Liverpool and the world comes tumbling down. Just fuck off.

Last edited:
It is really a tough fixture. As much as Liverpool will struggle to get into the top 4 due to their varying level of performances they still have a very high maximum level. Thankfully over a season it means they won't dominate the league, but for particular games, like you saw at the Scumirates, they can raise their game.

They are very good going forward, which usually suits us well, as we struggle more vs teams who sit back. Another week of preparation should be good for us. They start with three away games on the trot and despite losing yesterday they could end up with 6 points after those 3 games including two of the toughest away games in the league.

Not going to use that old phrase, but to beat them on Saturday would certainly give us a proper lift and the Scousers a kick where it hurts the most!

Let's do them.

It really is about time we beat this utter filth.Two teams that are very similar. I think its nailed on he will play wanyama and dier together in the middle, so thats any hope of us being an attacking threat and carving them apart gone. Might aswell watch paint dry.
We will both cancel each other out. Saturday morning game, no atmosphere.....boring 0-0 written all over it. :avbcringe:

I agree, in fact why are we even playing this game? Should just cancel it and spare you the bother.

:eriksenserious:

Back
Top Bottom