Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think is if you play pressing football against an opposition that does likewise you end up with an open game and pace becomes a key component, we don't have any.

We never box clever with Liverpool we always lay into their hands.

Another dreadful team performance (not including Vorm).

The ref has been abysmal but it was a pen. Manè has been told off 4 times after stamps/late challenges and is still, miraculously, on the pitch. He'll obviously be hooked now and Klopp will put in another body in the middle..

Lucky to only be down 1. We need to create more chances, only Eriksens freekick tested Mignolet. Hope Poch sets them straight during the break. Vorm has done great so far and keeping us in this. COYS

Uninventive. No creativity. Slow on the ball. Much like we were against Everton and much like we were against Palace.

Basically, we just look quite poor without Dembele. Unless the team wake up, we aren't even going to get a point, let alone a win. Embarrassing.

Tbh I think people are pinning their hopes on Dembele too much.

There are wider issues

Did Poch and his staff watched their game against Burnley? They beat them easily with a park the bus and take your chances when it come strategy.

I can't remember the last time we've missed a player more than Dembele.

We can't attack corners, we can't defend corners, we can't go through the middle and end up playing some weird sort of shit hoof ball - this will be a long second half. Made worse by Bobby Madley's excruciating refereeing. Can't the Premier League just buy the best reffs in the world, as opposed to getting some geezer from a Weatherspoons in Wakefield?

I'm praying Kane doesn't get called up.

That was fucking diabolical.

The shape. Even when Walker was on was a joke.

Our players can't do anything in that shape. No matter how good our players are, if we have half our players on top of each other with open wings...no wonder Liverpool are running riot.

It's not just my issue of Eriksen and Lamela starting together is too open/soft. It's not just that. It's the SHAPE.

Alli, Lamela and Eriksen walking around with Wanyama, Dier and our back 4 desperately covering every blade of grass?

Wtf is going on?????

Where was the fire? If it wasn't for Votm we'd be 5 nil!!!!

Agree that Liverpool are looking dangerous and deserve the lead but there were two soft penalty shouts one given and one not. I hope they fade later on and we capitalize, there are more goals in this !

That´s why we need a fast player like Mané... we have zero ability to play the long ball and they intentionally pressioned us quickly, we always ended up giving the ball away.

Does not help that Lamela, Eriksen and Alli cant connect a single thing right now.

Back
Top Bottom