Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got away with one there. Only Vorm and Toby were on it, Danny Rose in patches. The rest were all short of what is expected.
Stop fucking about with Kane in the 10 role and put him where he should be.
He was for a while and we still did fuck all.
Looking at the burnley game I would have thought Janssen would have been on from the start. They were buckling under pressure and struggled to handle two. Yet they dropped Klavan probably because Klopp expected that.
Losing Walker was a blow and having to put Dier at RB left us a little more exposed in CM, where we needed to snuff out stuff.
We missed a chance to have Janssen bully and upset their back line and when we were forced into the change we lost the steel in midfield.
Eriksen should not have started. Dele is offering more in his sporadic bursts. Eriksen's head looks like it ain't been in it every game I have seen him play, including pre season.
He is our most experienced outfield player isn't he? Over 70 international apps too.
He should be leading by example and setting the standard.
Edit: I hope he, and the others , all get up to speed soon.
They are all behind really. The Liverpool Euro lot went from Euro's to US and played matches.
We haven't got the depth it's plain to see and our first 11 need to be firing consistently to mount any challenge for top 4 this year.
I think Nkoudou will be the only signing also. Hope I am wrong because we need a creative midfielder badly.

Last edited:
Hang on mate, we're Tottenham Hotspur. A champions league club with a proud European history. We should be a big draw. Maybe we should start looking at the wages we pay.

Wages won't go up significantly until the stadium is paid for, the club gets new owners (preferably ones with infinite cash, like Guggenheim), or unless Poch turns the team into a powerhouse and it can pay for itself while still turning a profit, like Man United.

Vorm came of age today. Best game for us. We did not lose and the stats show it was pretty close although it did not feel like it.
Mane should not have lasted 90 mins and a stronger ref would have sent him off. That would have been a different matter.
Dele ill last week, Walker this. Are any of the others not 100%. Might explain it.
Funny that Sky made a Liverpool defender MOM and did not even discuss that Mane was lucky to finish the match.
I think too much is expected of Dembele when he returns. Others need to step up.
Need an International break like a hole in the head.
Seems a very long time since I came away happy after a performance.

just got back and feel that considering quite a few players are below their excellent standard, and a niggly dirty liverpool , a draw was about right.

The only reason i can think of, for eriksen to be keeping his place, is that potch is quite simply fucking his missus. Back scuttling her !....apparently they are very close and at the christmas party, potch spent a lot of time chatting to her with his hand on her thigh....:ledleylick:

Last season so far P3-L1-D2-2points
This season so far P3-W1-D2-5points
I'll take that, when we ain't playing well, this team is going places COYS
However, we've simply matched the results in the same fixtures as last season.

2015/2016:
Everton (A) - 1-1 draw.
Crystal Palace (H) - 1-0 win.
Liverpool (H) - 0-0 draw.

2016/2017:
Everton (A) - 1-1 draw.
Crystal Palace (H) - 1-0 win.
Liverpool (H) - 1-1 draw.

We need to start bettering some of our results last season, the amount of points we saw last season probably won't see us reach top four this season.

Loved the team celebration by the way.

tumblr_ockl9vy3CA1qesncyo3_500.gif

Just got in and read the thread. Most of the cunts on here are a disgrace, especially the new cunts. Just a bunch of entitled squabbling children. No wonder we're so hated - all our new fans are cunts.

The disagree button is at the bottom right of your picture - use it you embarrassing wankers. I hate what we've become. 1-1 with Liverpool and the world comes tumbling down. Just fuck off.

Last edited:
Vorm came of age today. Best game for us. We did not lose and the stats show it was pretty close although it did not feel like it.
Mane should not have lasted 90 mins and a stronger ref would have sent him off. That would have been a different matter.
Dele ill last week, Walker this. Are any of the others not 100%. Might explain it.
Funny that Sky made a Liverpool defender MOM and did not even discuss that Mane was lucky to finish the match.
I think too much is expected of Dembele when he returns. Others need to step up.
Need an International break like a hole in the head.
Seems a very long time since I came away happy after a performance.
Agreed with most but what about Mane being lucky to finish the match ? Had a few late accidental challenges but nothing worthy of a sending off. What a player too and great signing by Pool. Just look at his work rate with and even more importantly without the ball. He never stopped. Something that is surely lacking from Dele and Eriksens game which would go a long way with their out of form status currently.

Better get used to the idea of Europa League again next year because we can't afford too much of a slow start. Better points than this time last year, but I am worried about our pedestrian performances. We clearly need a Dembele backup and so far Wanyama is not it.
Already talking about Spurs not qualifying for CL next year ? Oh dear. We're a measly 3 weeks into the season. Get a grip

Last edited:
I hope that the technically rather inept performance today is caused by Poch continuing pre-season training levels through August - we were better organized than L but the players just couldn´t win the usual amount of 50/50 challenges, control the ball, or play good passes.

I'm a bit confused about why people (I mean cunts) are kicking off about our start.

Two draws (Everton are strong at home, Liverpool are a good team) and a win is a decent start. Fucking get over yourselves. The performances will get better, it is far far too early to be losing faith.

Anyone who disagrees with me...well go fuck your self you cock juggling thundercunt.

Back
Top Bottom