Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just finished reading the match thread. I've been dishing out agrees, likes and funnies like they were free or something. Just amazing that Spurs can make you feel this good. :pochlol:
Mate, I'm repping anything that moves tonight. Soo happy with that performance.

Fantastic weekend. Beat the Springboks, 2 sleepovers for my 8yo's birthday, put up the Christmas tree, wife lets me watch our game AND drink Jamesons, AND we win AND we play well to boot.

em4cmIs.gif

So, so happy tonight. Felt like proper Tottenham again. Some nutty Japanese lads asked to have photos with me at the end of the game too, so hopefully I turn up on some Japanese football blog :chicco:

The team leant their most valuable lesson today. Play with commitment, play with speed, play focused, trust in your team mates and never give up. Do that and White Hart Lane will rock, bounce and buzz and when your dying on your feet like in the last 10 mins they will lift you all the way to the final whistle.

Fucking loved today!!!!

That has to be the worst away support I have witnessed in years! Even when they scored we silenced them. Fulham make more noise.

On the tube on the way to the game a load of Everton fans were convinced they'd win three or four nil.........I've got no idea why when we started the game on equal points.

Maybe the press can convince other fans that they can expect to beat us??.......I'd probably think the same if I was in their position given the way we are reported on in general.

You have to say that today everyone put in a shift. Today we played like a team, worked hard for each other and kept our shape and concentration. Not one player had a bad game, although you could say Vlad was the most error prone but did not have a terrible game -but he's not a RB.
Our passing was crisp and fast, and the movement excellent. The best we have been for a while.
Defensively we squeezed from the back and defended from the front and Fazio, Davies and Vertonghen were solid.
I was watching the line and it was organised all game.
When we lost the ball we worked hard to track back and win it. Fazio distributed the ball well and Vertonghen ( maybe the Lukaku factor) was superb. Davies kept it tight down the left and Vlad didn't do a bad job considering.
I was saying yesterday about DM and really you need players that can play a bit, win it and be a threat going forward.
Bentaleb and Mason showed that with graft and commitment you don't really need a typical defensive midfielder, i.e., one that can win the ball but not do much else.
They didn't really bother us at all really, mostly long balls.

So pleased for Bobby Soldier. I had a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat. People forget the nightmare he had last season losing a baby and all this year probably thinking it could happen again.
The reason he is liked is because you can see he cares and tries each time he pulls on the shirt. 100% effort every time. Hopefully he starts doing it now. He deserves it.
What surprised me the most out of it all was the discipline of Eriksen. He was on Coleman and Barkley like a rash. As well as playing some superb football he proved he can also work. If he continues like that we have a complete midfielder there. One who can defend, create and score.

As for Harry Kane..........ffs, what can you say!

The Soldier comes through when he is needed at last: What joy and happiness for him and us!
Onwards and upwards COYS!

Genuinely proud of our performance. The lads played well, Poch made the right calls re: starting 11 and Soldado FINALLY got his deserved goal (as usual it was a game winning goal!). Kane the standout but it was a solid performance overall.

Back
Top Bottom