Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Performance/Atmosphere was so much better today a guy to my left puked up during the 2nd half, a few poor lads in font got it on their jackets too.
Rank.

to be fair, after the mirallas goal, there was some booing of misplaced passes etc..
for all the love in, i think the result was the deciding factor rather than the style of play..if we'd lost I feel the WHL crowd would have been as cuntish as usual.
we won? both players and supporters played well. This is what happens when you give to all?

WarmColorfulFrigatebird.gif

The team that finished the game was so young.
Dier: 20
Bentaleb: 20
Davies: 21
Kane: 21
Eriksen: 22
Lamela: 22
Mason: 23

That's not even our full young player contingent considering Walker, Rose, Chadli, Yedlin, Townsend and Stambouli are all 25 and under as well. Fazio and Vertonghen only 27. If we can just make a couple of shrewd additions, promote a couple more academy gems, and not sack the manager the next few years could be pretty great.

B3t3twzIEAEly-P.jpg

These two were great today. I feel really proud of 'em.

I'll admit that I kinda was a bit nervous pregame because I thought it would be a bit lightweight (compared to Everton's CM), and also maybe a bit un-experienced and stuff. But Mason n' Bentaleb really showed us (and reminded us) how much desire can impact a game.

Our (concrete) future CM duo, hopefully. And I'll also start both of them vs Chelsea too (and maybe add a Benji/Capoue/Dembro alongside them to toughen us up some more).

Just watching MOTD, Jonathan Pearce total dick, says Fazios was a penalty despite it being ball to hand not hand to ball then says Kanes wasn't a penalty despite being bundled to the ground, CUNT!

The Northern bias is a disgrace. Those "highlights" were a joke and Pearce saying our first goal was against the run of play was the exact opposite of Neville on Sky. Even his pre-match summary - Everton unbeaten in 8, and we'd lost 4 games at home was loaded. We had won 5 out of our last 6 going into this. Why fucking bother BBC?

The Northern bias is a disgrace. Those "highlights" were a joke and Pearce saying our first goal was against the run of play was the exact opposite of Neville on Sky. Even his pre-match summary - Everton unbeaten in 8, and we'd lost 4 games at home was loaded. We had won 5 out of our last 6 going into this. Why fucking bother BBC?
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

Didn't know the result. just watched MOTD2.

Really happy.
Looks like we played well, have improved in a bunch of areas. I saw Soldado fail to score when he probably should have and I felt annoyed, seen that so much, but then when he went and scored a minute later, I was proper happy. Happier than I normally am when a player scores. Just badly want him to do well. Know he is better than he has shown.

Thought Kane was very good again. The big difference is that when one of our players picks up the ball in midfield, previously the opposition are straight on us. But what is happening now is that Kane is sharp and immediately runs forward. This forces their midfielders and defence to decide either go with him and risk the ball being knocked through to him on goal, or attack the player with the ball. Of course, they have to go with the runner. This frees us up to counter attack properly and attack as a unit of three or four players. I havent seen that since Redknapp left. It is exactly how he had Defoe and Lennon and Bale, etc. do when the posession flipped to us. It works brilliantly, and I really hope we see more of it. I think if we play Kane then we will see that more and more, and Mason also works well in that situation in midfield I think.

Only 2 points off fourth and I think Poch is understanding better that he needs to play our younger players who love the club. They are the kind of player that he can get the most out of and who want it enough. If the others want in then they get to play midweek and prove they care as much as well.

Back
Top Bottom