Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel Lennons return has injected an urgency into the side. He chases everything and this seems to encourage other players to do the same. Thinking about it, he has played in some good sides and knows how to win. He is an influential player wether you may like him or not. Well done Lennon.

Just watched the taped game. Isn't that Carragher a cunt. ( not a question a statement)
How was the Eriksen goal lucky? He put spin on it. From where I was it didn't look like he hit it onto the ground.
Then he says it was a nailed on penalty to Everton ( I suppose he could gian height for a header without rising his arms as he's super fucking scouse) then laughs at the thought of Soldado being a good player.

I hope Soldado goes on to be prolific for the rest of the season and I will remind the prick, over & over again.
Actually, I also thought Lamela did Baines, but now I see the cunt collapsed to the ground like he did earlier in the 2nd half. Wasn't fucking touched.
Actually just watched Eriksen's post match interview and he confirms he hit it into the ground. So, Jamie I take that back. I was wrong, you were correct. However, I'm still correct on the matter of you being a cunt:p

Just watching MOTD, Jonathan Pearce total dick, says Fazios was a penalty despite it being ball to hand not hand to ball then says Kanes wasn't a penalty despite being bundled to the ground, CUNT!
Well, if Fazio's arm was in an un natural position then how do you jump? It was in the most natural position to do what he was doing. Was Besic's arm in a natural position when he had it interlocked it with Kane's - so Harry could not get away - as he bundled him over?
I also thought Coleman handled in the first half when Eriksen nearly sneaked in between him and Jaglielka.
However, it would have been harsh as it bounced up and hit him and was not intentional, just as Fazio's was not.
I remember when Elmohamady got hit with the ball from a cross and everyone said how it was so unfair - even me - how we were so lucky as it was ball to hand, he never meant it although his arm was not in a 'natural' position.
Anyway, wtf is natural position? By the side, horizontal in front, behind the back, on the head? If you going to say that you have to have an explanation of the natural position of the arms for each athletic movement of the musculoskeletal system when playing.
Most defenders put both arms behind their backs when defending shots, that's not natural, that's very un natural.
So, I take it that if it was to hit the arms when they turn their backs it would be a penalty because, as Roberto states, the arms are not in a natural position?
Naughtons arms were in the most natural position at Spam -protecting his face - but that was a penalty.

Simply, the rules are, if it's arm/hand to the ball and intentional, then it's handball/penalty.

P.s does anyone else get eeriness, dumbell and naughty when typing in Eriksen, Dembele and Naughton with the predictive text :pochfacepalm:

What a great day. We were attacking and fluid. We played with speed. We were sound defensively. By far the best performance of the year. I think several players could make a claim for MOTM. Nabil Bentaleb is such a calming influence in the middle. The guy has not played in weeks and he played with full confidence and deft touch. Christian Eriksen's skill is pretty much always evident, but god damn, his work rate and defensive prowess today put him in a different class. I'd be tempted to give MOTM to Soldado (who, as is typical, worked his ass off today) simply because there was such a tremendous mix of euphoria and relief when he buried that chance just before the half. But I guess I'd have to give MOTM to Harry Kane for his best performance ever. Everything he touched today was magical. Not sure if there is a more confident footballer in England right now. I feel lucky to be able to watch this guy's improvement week in and week out. Today was great, but with the Poch handing over the reigns to the young guys, I'm even more excited for our future.

Also, with all of the shit we give him, I think we should acknowledge that Paulinho played great today. I think he's earned a little more time in the cups. He may have a role on this team yet.

The team that finished the game was so young.
Dier: 20
Bentaleb: 20
Davies: 21
Kane: 21
Eriksen: 22
Lamela: 22
Mason: 23

That's not even our full young player contingent considering Walker, Rose, Chadli, Yedlin, Townsend and Stambouli are all 25 and under as well. Fazio and Vertonghen only 27. If we can just make a couple of shrewd additions, promote a couple more academy gems, and not sack the manager the next few years could be pretty great.

:levyeyes:

Also, with all of the shit we give him, I think we should acknowledge that Paulinho played great today. I think he's earned a little more time in the cups. He may have a role on this team yet.

Poch has had him playing almost as a striker leading the line the past 2 matches coming off the bench

hasn't stopped the commentators saying what a great DM he is mind you lol

I feel Lennons return has injected an urgency into the side. He chases everything and this seems to encourage other players to do the same. Thinking about it, he has played in some good sides and knows how to win. He is an influential player wether you may like him or not. Well done Lennon.
Spot on. I'll admit, I kinda lost love for him recently (in the past year or two). But I really adored him during the Redknapp era. Anyway, I'll happily eat my words about him, if he starts playing like he did before. Also, this (his recent performances) might be another one of Lennon's false positives or deceiving flatterys, but I'll still accept for however long it lasts. He probably should start vs Chelsea ... his run-around-bit will help.

The team that finished the game was so young.
Dier: 20
Bentaleb: 20
Davies: 21
Kane: 21
Eriksen: 22
Lamela: 22
Mason: 23

That's not even our full young player contingent considering Walker, Rose, Chadli, Yedlin, Townsend and Stambouli are all 25 and under as well. Fazio and Vertonghen only 27. If we can just make a couple of shrewd additions, promote a couple more academy gems, and not sack the manager the next few years could be pretty great.
The majority of those would be sold for profit as soon as their stock reaches full potential

Just watching MOTD, Jonathan Pearce total dick, says Fazios was a penalty despite it being ball to hand not hand to ball then says Kanes wasn't a penalty despite being bundled to the ground, CUNT!
Clive Allen pretty much said the same

mate i come on here for a laugh..
i enjoyed your comment, i enjoyed your riposte and i thought you'd enjoy mine.. clearly you didnt. it means one of two things:
A- my reply wasnt funny
B- you cant take a joke and your a decade or two away from being as negative as Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever and i may find you in Hull's dressing room giving daws that BJ ive been giving you shit about.

ether way lets have a laugh, a chat and if your mrs is still being a hold out and i get drunk enough I may even give you an internet :adebaehug:

The only people i currently have beef with on here is all the bloody scotsmen, i gave them shit once and they have gone all mel gibson on me..
What can I say? Appears I was a bit of a tit. I blame the Jameson's + us playing unnaturally well.
Sorry mate.
:adebaehug:

Buzzing.

Observations:
We played with tenacity.
Chiriches on the right is proving to be an extremely wise experiment. I hope he is not hurt badly.
I agree with MrsS, bringing Lennon back into the fold has also made a huge difference.
So, so happy for Roberto. I have always been rooting for him, even in the desert stretch. May this be the beginning of something great.
It's optimistic but the Spurs I saw today looked much better, like they were clicking, like they were hungry.

Oh yeah. And finally.......

Tim Howard's beard makes him look fat.

Was great to see us play at a high tempo and get the ball forward rather than all that sideways and backwards bollocks we've had to put up with for the past few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom