Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game had many positives and was great to see a proper win under our belts, however, it still felt like Everton would score an equaliser at any second. For us to truly show progress we need to look like a team that is firmly in command of the winning margin (Chelsea for example...) and not be the heart attack inducing final 10 minutes we are used to when we're leading. I hope for the improvements to continue but we are still a work in progress. COYS

This game had many positives and was great to see a proper win under our belts, however, it still felt like Everton would score an equaliser at any second. For us to truly show progress we need to look like a team that is firmly in command of the winning margin (Chelsea for example...) and not be the heart attack inducing final 10 minutes we are used to when we're leading. I hope for the improvements to continue but we are still a work in progress. COYS

Bit like asking for the moon on a stick that. It's Tottenham, its not meant to be a firm command...the late nervousness is part of the fun.

Really there's not much creativity or threat coming from our 2 in front of the back 4. Mason has changed that slightly imo.

Stambouli is the closest thing we have to a playing, mobile defensive midfielder with some threat. I say give him a chance in the league playing him and Mason together.They would certainly not be a pushover, are both mobile and can pass.

Just my 2 cents
Or even Nabil :sneaky:

Excellent game, performances from front to back were excellent which hasn't been the case for many months. Verts was back to his best leading by example. Faz looked solid next to him. Full backs were good (particularly Davies who was excellent I thought). Mason and Bentaleb looked very weak initially and I was very concerned pre kick off but they were superb. Mason a bit wasteful in possession at times but at least he is trying to be positive with the ball. So refreshing to see Lennon out wide, Kane was brilliant, Bobby contributed overall and got his goal, Eriksen looked sharp and dangerous throughout.

Chelsea will be a massive test tonight.

Come on you FUCKIN Spurs

Back
Top Bottom