Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wish list:

1) Team played well? Check
2) Get any points from this game? Check Check Check
3) Bobby gets some confidence back? CHEEEEECK
4) Harry Kane awakens to the fact that he landed on Earth 21 years ago in a pod from Krypton? CHE-Oh fuck my pen is on fiiiiiiire.

:dier:

I'm trying not to, great performance all round. I'm just saying, there are certain things you want for your players when you make subs to see out the game.

Even if our team is off balance and key players are AWOL/shunned or just in so poor form, we certainly look much more composed for last few games.

It's not the cheapest aspect of my OCD, but it worked yet again...

kdtyps.png

Second half was more of a challenging watch, Everton weren't creating anything with all their possession though...they did a bit of a Spurs to be fair.

Home grown fucking brilliant central midfield! Kane and Soldado are forming a GREAT partnership, Eriksen is back to his old self. Our defense didn't look too bad. Even Paulinho looked positive when he came on.

THINGS ARE FALLING INTO PLACE

COYS!!! :dier:

Best game so far. Home support was good. Everton fans were fucking loud at the start, though not sure if singing English.
Soldado flood gates now open

HK is evolving into a curious player.

Clumsy and odd looking, but even when he looks like he is about to fall over he still rakes the ball along and does something with it. Oh, and he is actually quicker than he looks.

Even if our team is off balance and key players are AWOL/shunned or just in so poor form, we certainly look much more composed for last few games.

Absolutely, who am I criticising players after that showing anyway, I should shut the fuck up!

Lennon seems to have made himself a starter in the space of 4 days.

You mean he tries to press, I find his pressing way too un-composed, the players he presses always see him coming. He will get better, I just think he needs someone to reign him in a bit, maybe. Then again, you don't want to limit someone so much they don't turn into bale, Ronaldo etc

He wasn't on the same wave length as Eriksen and Kane when he came on and they never quite linked up well but that was just as much the other 2s fault as his. We shoulda got a 3rd tbh but it was a huge 3 points today nonetheless. It's not easy for an attacking sub when the rest of the team is trying to hold a lead and you're trying to score the insurance goal.

Massive win for few reasons:

We looked like a team
We beat a rival
We beat a team on a good run
Bobby scored
We got plastics next

Got really nervy at the end there, but 3 points is fucking huge right now. We still need to get a lot better at keeping the ball and calming the game down, we can't be playing this insanely on edge every match. But it was so encouraging to see some real energy and teamwork out there, and some good counter-attacking in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom