Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to find a partner for Mason. Maybe we could put Eriksen next to him for bad teams, but against Everton? Absolutely not, very Sherwoody. I'd try out Stambouli but maybe he just hasn't looked good in training as he hasn't really gotten a chance so what do I know?

I love the idea of a Bentaleb-Mason-Eriksen midfield three later in the season. Put Lamela-Kane-Chadli in front. Big fan of that. Walker will be back by then as well. Just need to find a partner for Vertonghen.
yes god forbid we actually try and take the game to a team at home.

yes god forbid we actually try and take the game to a team at home.

I'm fine for it with lower level teams but a bit of a rough choice against Everton you'd have to admit. I never hated Timmy (minus his mouth) like others, he wasn't wrong about the over reliance on defensive midfielders. But against a team with the ability of Everton, not sure I want by far the worst tackler in the squad in Eriksen playing in the center of the pitch with Mason

I'm fine for it with lower level teams but a bit of a rough choice against Everton you'd have to admit. I never hated Timmy (minus his mouth) like others, he wasn't wrong about the over reliance on defensive midfielders. But against a team with the ability of Everton, not sure I want by far the worst tackler in the squad in Eriksen playing in the center of the pitch with Mason
Why not?

Who knows what's best?
Conceding early against Everton will allow them to control the game- give them something to defend. If we score early this will only bring them onto us and we will be all over the place. 0-0 and then we score last minute for me.

As 6061 stats show we are better than them head to head, so don't see that they're a bogey team. There was a time when we kept beating them. I remember once JJ scoring a quality last min winner v them up there. Just like Hull and Villa this season, so sweet when you win an away game like that.
equally I can rember watching us beat them 4-1 away opening game of a season - we were buzzing. And another time losing 1-0 at home effectly losing the league-bottle went ?. The stats mean nothing, it's all about the moment. Not sure if Sunday could be our moment. They are a good team.

Last edited:
It would be a bit of a risk, but I'd happily see us take it rather than carry on with the same old formations/players at home that have been awful. If we line up with virtually the same side that started Stoke I fully expect the same to happen. Maybe the change might liven us up, who knows.

Everton%2BFootball%2BTattoos.jpg

Bring 'em on!

[formation=4231, Hugo, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Eriksen, Stambouli/Mason/Dembele, Lennon, Lamela, Chadli, Kane][/formation] Eriksen playing that Modric type of role, like he did in parts of the Hull game. I'd like to see Lamela as a number 10, and Chadli is hopefully back from injuries. Lennon has imo earned a place in the line up with his recent performances.

[formation=4231, Hugo, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Eriksen, Stambouli/Mason/Dembele, Lennon, Lamela, Chadli, Kane][/formation] Eriksen playing that Modric type of role, like he did in parts of the Hull game. I'd like to see Lamela as a number 10, and Chadli is hopefully back from injuries. Lennon has imo earned a place in the line up with his recent performances.

Is Chadli over his injury?

----------------Lloris
Chiriches Dier Vertonghen Davies
--------------Stambouli
-----------Eriksen Mason
------Soldado Kane Lamela

Subs:
Vorm, Fazio, Rose, Dembele, Bentaleb, Chadli? / Lennon, Townsend.

Lloris
Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies
Stambouli, Mason
Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela
Kane​

I'd have Chiriches on the right, I just feel he offers more in Pochs style of play then Eric Dier does in the same position, I'd have Lennon also starting on the right as I feel his pace could cause Baines problems, especially in behind. He also offers defensive stability down the right side.

I think Stambouli deserves a start. I'd partner him alongside Mason too who has been one of our best players in the recent month. I have Eriksen forward in the formation, but I'd definitely have him dropping deep at times as well as interchanging with Lamela to cause problems, hope those two start to click together, they could be devastating.

Have to go with Kane. He causes problems, is a decent threat in the air, on goalscoring form at the moment and he links up well, you don't really drop players like that.

2-1 win, COYS.

[formation=433, Lloris, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Eriksen, Stambouli, Mason, Lamela, Soldado, Kane][/formation]
Chadli to be included if fit.

Back
Top Bottom