Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best half we've played all season! What a response after going down early. Harry Kane is providing so much energy, Lennon is also covering that whole right side. Oh and Soldado you fucking beauty!! So glad Poch has stuck with him, now let's keep playing like that!

HK is evolving into a curious player.

Clumsy and odd looking, but even when he looks like he is about to fall over he still rakes the ball along and does something with it. Oh, and he is actually quicker than he looks.

So much for being bossed in the midfield. Let's hope this Mason-Bentaleb partnership is the beginning of something magical. They both played wonderful today. Mason is so deceptively quick the way he glides.

Said this in the past, but I think the subs were pretty telling today. I was shocked to see Paulnho coming on instead of Dembele. Poch is playing the players that are adapting to his style.

Big kudos to the back four today. Jan and Fazio were rocks back there and Davies really impressed me with some of his defensive plays. Lukaku wasn't a factor the entire game.

B3tb2QfIYAIpPmZ.jpg

SOOOO pleased for Soldado... but a word on the guy in the crowd; who the fuck wears RED to a Spurs game?? (and I don't buy that it' possibly "burnt orange" it's faaakin' RED!)

B3t3twzIEAEly-P.jpg

These two were great today. I feel really proud of 'em.

I'll admit that I kinda was a bit nervous pregame because I thought it would be a bit lightweight (compared to Everton's CM), and also maybe a bit un-experienced and stuff. But Mason n' Bentaleb really showed us (and reminded us) how much desire can impact a game.

Our (concrete) future CM duo, hopefully. And I'll also start both of them vs Chelsea too (and maybe add a Benji/Capoue/Dembro alongside them to toughen us up some more).

Didn't know the result. just watched MOTD2.

Really happy.
Looks like we played well, have improved in a bunch of areas. I saw Soldado fail to score when he probably should have and I felt annoyed, seen that so much, but then when he went and scored a minute later, I was proper happy. Happier than I normally am when a player scores. Just badly want him to do well. Know he is better than he has shown.

Thought Kane was very good again. The big difference is that when one of our players picks up the ball in midfield, previously the opposition are straight on us. But what is happening now is that Kane is sharp and immediately runs forward. This forces their midfielders and defence to decide either go with him and risk the ball being knocked through to him on goal, or attack the player with the ball. Of course, they have to go with the runner. This frees us up to counter attack properly and attack as a unit of three or four players. I havent seen that since Redknapp left. It is exactly how he had Defoe and Lennon and Bale, etc. do when the posession flipped to us. It works brilliantly, and I really hope we see more of it. I think if we play Kane then we will see that more and more, and Mason also works well in that situation in midfield I think.

Only 2 points off fourth and I think Poch is understanding better that he needs to play our younger players who love the club. They are the kind of player that he can get the most out of and who want it enough. If the others want in then they get to play midweek and prove they care as much as well.

Great stuff.

Win after a EL game, at home where we're struggling, against a top rival, come from behind, not face 10 men, Soldado scores, new young midfield core etc.

Bentaleb and Mason looked a bit vulnerable when Barkley was running at them at times, but overall they were fairly solid. Going forward they played some very nice passing, those 2 changed the way we play completely.

Kane was immense, where did that pace and powerful running come from? His touch keeps looking better, not easy to grab the ball off a big guy with good feet and control. His work rate is top notch too. Nailed on starter now (if he wasn't already), up there with Lloris and Mason.

Played some lovely football, really getting the feeling that we're moving forward, have discarded a bad apple or two and now have a group focused to carry out the manager's instructions.

Just finished reading the match thread. I've been dishing out agrees, likes and funnies like they were free or something. Just amazing that Spurs can make you feel this good. :pochlol:

Back
Top Bottom