Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just come from the ground, hasn't rocked likes that for years. Work rate from the likes of bentaleb and mason was outstanding but Kane looked world clas his touch, decision making and movement was like we had Bale, Suarez or ronaldo on the pitch he derserved a goal even a hatrick.

We played Everton off the pitch so badly they are now playing at the burnt out remains of archway steel works, my only criticism is that 2-1 was not enough should have won by 3 or 4 from where I was sitting.

Question - did the performance look that good on the tv and was Kane bit at the end a penalty cod it looked as penalty from where I was.
It looked great on TV and definite pen.

Great stuff.

Win after a EL game, at home where we're struggling, against a top rival, come from behind, not face 10 men, Soldado scores, new young midfield core etc.

Bentaleb and Mason looked a bit vulnerable when Barkley was running at them at times, but overall they were fairly solid. Going forward they played some very nice passing, those 2 changed the way we play completely.

Kane was immense, where did that pace and powerful running come from? His touch keeps looking better, not easy to grab the ball off a big guy with good feet and control. His work rate is top notch too. Nailed on starter now (if he wasn't already), up there with Lloris and Mason.

Played some lovely football, really getting the feeling that we're moving forward, have discarded a bad apple or two and now have a group focused to carry out the manager's instructions.

...and the first time we've won a game after the Europa League since colour telly was invented and Bruce Forsyth was a boy!!!! (OK, not quite!!)

uEB2LsVH56bZe.gif

First time I can honestly say that the defence looked solid, midfield was creative and worked heart, attack was creative and lethal, and we showed some much needed heart. Hopefully we can smash Chelsea!

The way he spins while an opposition player is trying to tackle him borders on arrogant too.
I fucking love him.
I love his confidence and how he takes responsibility, a MOTD interviewer was praising him for his play against Hull and he responded by saying that he's not a youth player, he's a 23 year old man. Would be easy to play the underdog, much less pressure too. Guts - he has them.

Cracking game, DECENT ATMOSPHERE SHOCKER ...though for my linking, we spent a bit too long on the "Kick 'is faaakin' 'ead in" song...

It lasted about 10 minutes, constantly. Why do they sing it anyway? Isn't exactly like it'll lift the players or anything, seems a bit weird...

edge of the seat stuff, that's the tottenham I love.

bentaleb and mason were class together. kane put everything into it yet again, turning out to be some player. eriksen and lennon both top as well. everyone bar chiriches looked solid today.

So much for being bossed in the midfield. Let's hope this Mason-Bentaleb partnership is the beginning of something magical. They both played wonderful today. Mason is so deceptively quick the way he glides.

Said this in the past, but I think the subs were pretty telling today. I was shocked to see Paulnho coming on instead of Dembele. Poch is playing the players that are adapting to his style.

Big kudos to the back four today. Jan and Fazio were rocks back there and Davies really impressed me with some of his defensive plays. Lukaku wasn't a factor the entire game.

Sounds arrogant of me to say this after the game but I have been a fan of both bentaleb and Mason and wished we would play those two at some point so I was happy with the team selection today and it worked as well.

Nothing against dembele, stambouli and capoue but they move the ball quicker and their work rate seems better even though they may lack the experience of the others.

I agree, though having said that, what are the odds that Dembele and Stambouli start against Chelsea in midfield to try and weather the storm?
:dembele:
Zero. If there's one thing no-one can take from Poch it's that he isn't afraid to play anyone who's in form. He doesn't even seem to care about the opposition, just how well his own players are playing which is one of the reasons I love him.

Back
Top Bottom