Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to admit that the sub MoPo did to bring Lamela in for Lennon was a really risky one. Had Roberto Martinez not have his plan to attack from the his right wing and made subs to support that he would have let Baines eat Dier for dinner knowing that Lamela will almost for certain will keep dragging to the middle…

:cool:

It's not the cheapest aspect of my OCD, but it worked yet again...

kdtyps.png

We should literally fund you. The CJJ Charity Betting fund, it all goes to a good cause.

Brilliant brilliant day. Soldado the headline obviously. Kane was fucking immense, at the heart of both goals. Ran more than anyone on the pitch. Unbelievable.

Ben Davies was equally excellent. Dealing with Seamus Coleman and a winger is a massively difficult task plus Eriksen was his only help, though Eriksen was better defensively than normal.

Bentaleb and Mason are a sexual central midfield pairing. Some of the triangle passing they had with Eriksen, Kane and Soldado was arousing. Loved seeing that.

Vertonghen with his best performance since AVB's first season and Lennon looked useful once again. Add Walker back into the side in the next couple of weeks and Fazio continues to straighten it out and we might actually have a first eleven where you aren't worried about certain players.

As HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains said earlier, Mason and Kane have showed the rest of the team what it means to play for Spurs and you could see the whole team playing for the shirt from minute one. So encouraging.

Obviously it wasn't all perfect today, but we finally showed a real pulse and some of the talent we've known this squad has had is beginning to show itself. I'm absolutely buzzing!

COME ON YOU SPURS

Last edited:
Anyways from today I gathered a few things: Chiriches should start RB until walker is fit. davies is much much better than rose. fazio and vertonghen are our best CB pairing. Mason needs a rest as he looked quite off the mark offensively but sharp defensively but should be first team regular. Mason- Bentaleb pairing is amazing. Lamela has to play full games to be effective and Lennon needs to be swapping with those attacking three we have. He brings such pace and energy to our counter.

I have to admit that the sub MoPo did to bring Lamela in for Lennon was a really risky one. Had Roberto Martinez not have his plan to attack from the his right wing and made subs to support that he would have let Baines eat Dier for dinner knowing that Lamela will almost for certain will keep dragging to the middle…

Agree with the 1st bit, not the 2nd. Lamela tracked Baines every single time he got forward and did well. Was shit at attacking himself though today.

Agree with the 1st bit, not the 2nd. Lamela tracked Baines every single time he got forward and did well. Was shit at attacking himself though today.

You are right. He did stick to the wing a little but you could see as the game went on he dragged to the middle. I am not saying don't make the sub..but it was too early with half hour left especially with the really good job Lennon was doing..

Back
Top Bottom