Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The transfer committee (of which Poch was only 1/3 after his elevation to Manager) has always had final say and that was reiterated many times....

Who is/was the third person then?

Back in the AVB days I remember listening to a Spurs Show podcast, the guest was the ex Spurs/Wimbledon player Terry Gibson who's now an agent here in Spain. He had been in LOndon trying to move a couple of his young talents. Anyway, he was very interesting about the committee thing. At that time it had five members - DL (advised on football matters by David Pleat apparently), AVB, Franco, Sherwood (then head of the yoot set up) and one other from the exec side who I don't remember, possibly Donna Cullen. Not someone who you'd think to yourself "They know their football, make no mistake" anyhow.

Then after first AVB and then Franco left five became four became three but I was never sure who that third person was

Bill Madrid posted it and then someone a page later in the xfer thread and a thrid person in another thread...and also on REDDIT.

What was this? It's very rare someone cites me for being right about something...

:levylol:

We needed him well Jose didn’t bring him on and could really without losing face he would look a right twat after slagging him off at the weekend. Was he really that bad on Saturday compared to the rest? Could he have helped today to hold the ball up and pass through the lines? Defo! But Jose couldn’t even give him a few minutes or anyone else tbh. His now got the perfect excuse if we lose on Sunday! His a right ****.

He didn't make a single sprint. The only person who racked up less yards yards/km whatever the measure is was Lloris.

There was a reason Jose went into him as Carragher illustrated, he was a passenger.

If you can't see that because of your anti Jose goggles that's up to you.

Changing the manager will achieve nothing whoever comes in will still have to contend with a bunch of can't kicks and won't runs

Moronic .... do you blame Tesco shareholders for no toilet paper ... you do don'
Moronic .... do you blame Tesco shareholders for no toilet paper ... you do don't you?

If the CEO of Tesco’s was accountable for not keeping the product on the shelf of course it would be his fault. The employees below are responsible. The guy at the top is accountable.

That’s how management works.

Shareholders have an interest in the success of a business, but they are neither accountable or responsible for the product being on the shelf.

back to football. The buck stops with ENIC / Levy. They have, with perhaps best intent, tried to build a platform that sustained Champions League. They have, likely, not achieved that, despite everything, that is not success.

ENIC have failed to invest correctly in the squad, failed to invest correctly to attract top young talent and also managed to break down the relationship with their most recently successful coaching team, that’s not something I feel like clapping this morning.

now, being balanced the above is just how I see it. We have traded punches before and I respect that you see it the other way around, so fair enough we are not going to agree and I am not trying to change your point of view. You may will be right and I am a spoilt brat.

Again only from my point of view, but under ENIC everything they do has an ECHO of failure. I can list era after era where something I felt obvious was happening that should have been corrected and yet they were passive in the extreme. They continue to be too passive, again this is my perception and might not be reality to many other fans.

Sorry it took so long. I was wading through all of Five's building, backstepping crescendo on his boy. I'm nice enough to make sure he doesn't forget about it when it's time.

I was wrong in attributing the THST stuff to Bill Madrid. That bookmark was his perfectly predicted roadmap of Jose's tenure with us. Sad that it could be predicted so easily...and accurately.

The mark I do have is incomplete_usernam's
https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/posts/2252661/

but it's in other places too but that filtering thing has never worked very well for me.

There’s not really any new knowns in there is there?

There’s also plenty of anti ENIC rhetoric and daft stuff about the football team funding housing developments etc

Am I missing something?

The guy at the top is accountable.That’s how management works.
The buck stops with ENIC / Levy. They have, with perhaps best intent, tried to build a platform that sustained Champions League. They have, likely, not achieved that, despite everything, that is not success.

"The guy at the top is accountable. That’s how management works"
"Shareholders have an interest in the success of a business, but they are neither accountable or responsible"

Fair enough you blame the CEO, not the Owners ... but then just a few lines later

The buck stops with ENIC / Levy.

So despite having just separated responsibility you immediate put it all back together again - schizo much?

There is no question Levy as the CEO is the man ultimately responsible for Spurs success / failure off and on the pitch ... but provided ENIC have given him the tools to do that, facilities, staff, finances it's not then their responsibility, unless off course they were to allow consistent failure, so have they?

are you arguing that having just achieved our best EPL run in our history - four top fours in a row - that they are in fact allowing consistent failure? or are you just maybe getting a bit carried away with one bad season?

We have to do a lot to beat such teams again. It is not enough to buy 1-2 players.
The whole philosophy is screwed, a nice stadium but a team full of middle class players without a concept and a trainer who is happy to have got another job. He is no longer the "special one", he has become a nobody without ideas, he is as good as a lamb!

Who is/was the third person then?

Back in the AVB days I remember listening to a Spurs Show podcast, the guest was the ex Spurs/Wimbledon player Terry Gibson who's now an agent here in Spain. He had been in LOndon trying to move a couple of his young talents. Anyway, he was very interesting about the committee thing. At that time it had five members - DL (advised on football matters by David Pleat apparently), AVB, Franco, Sherwood (then head of the yoot set up) and one other from the exec side who I don't remember, possibly Donna Cullen. Not someone who you'd think to yourself "They know their football, make no mistake" anyhow.

Then after first AVB and then Franco left five became four became three but I was never sure who that third person was
Yeah, I might be off. But I think Hitchens, the youth guy (john something) whose names escapes me, manager, Levy. That Rebecca caplehorn(?) was in there too. Here it is

What was this? It's very rare someone cites me for being right about something...

:levylol:
My bad. I mistakenly attributed it to you but it was Incomplete_usernam whose post I bookmarked. You roadmap of the Jose era was what I bookmarked from you. It was fucking accurate TBF...sadly.

There’s not really any new knowns in there is there?
What 'new' knowns were there to be? It was just a reiteration of the known knowns ie how transfers work and the fact that nothing has changed. But the important point, and why I though I bookmarked it, was that even after the TC made there choices and rankings the list went to DL himself to 'get things stuck in the fax', 'lowball', etc. The point was that DL has final say like he always has and always will while ENIC is here unless he delegates something to his mini-me, Caplehorn.

Was that not the fucking post? Did I screw up again?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom