Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what fucks me off is we know nothings going to change. We KNOW the whole defence needs a rebuild. We KNOW we need a top class keeper. We KNOW that half of our midfield is not really up to scratch.

We also definitely know that we will start next season with pretty much the same squad bar a couple of signings we have never heard of. This is it snowflakes. suck it up.

I don't think he's being dramatic. Most people would say that the CL final already bookended that particular era (isn't it clear that he means the era of the team that Poch and Kane took to its peak?). He's being generous by extending it this long.
Fair enough. I rail against the constant superlatives that are applied to the ordinary. That's not to say Poch's reign was ordinary - far from it. Best football I've ever seen us play back in the day.

But there was some holy amount of shit at the end. And before the end too.

What I mean is that our fortune is a wave. There is ascendancy and there is decline. There is no firm line that dictates the transition from one to the other.

You not gonna let this lie huh?

But won't the final say always be the man the has to sign the cheque?
'tis my point now and 'twas ever thus.

I mean, I don't think Levy ever had the final say in terms of which footballer - if they were both the same age, price, type etc - do you? That would have been Pochettino, no?
The transfer committee (of which Poch was only 1/3 after his elevation to Manager) has always had final say and that was reiterated many times...most recently the other nite at the THST meeting by the man that signs the checks.

The trouble is the known knowns are pretty scant,
Only if you don't want to see them. I've seen it posted at least 3x on this very forum in the last day or two. In fact I've bookmared them (great feature) for the next time I wanted to smash some agenda. Bill Madrid posted it and then someone a page later in the xfer thread and a thrid person in another thread...and also on REDDIT. It's all there to see kinda like Sess. But you gotta wanna see it.

and even after 15 VAR replays it's still a bit down to interpretation.
Yes, but only in England (Gianni Infantino said himself) is this problem occurring and a distinctly non-zero percentage of people think it's down to intentional sabotage, corruption or some other bad faith dealing beyond your garden variety incompetence. I guess it matters the foundation upon which the interpretation is being built.

I am prepared to concede that, and that some of my theory may not be water tight.
iu

Doubt it. I don't rate Werner above Salah from what I've seen. That said, they didn't do too bad out of the Coutinho deal (Ooh look at our net spend, aren't we great)
Yeah, but we are talking succession. If you can get 2x the money for a 28yo Salah that you pay for a 23yo just turned 24yo Timo Werner then I think you do it. Salah role has diminished in that team. But saw a report that Pool might buy him and park him at RBL for another year...they have form for this with RBL obviously. FSG are smart, smarter than our lot on the sporting side.

And how was 'net spend' not a competition in London 2012? Missed a trick there.

Wow that was fucking horrible. Turned it off once the 3rd one went in. Completely lifeless and beyond sloppy. I can't think of a single player that played well for us, except for maybe Dele. Not sure if that's a controversial take but he was at least trying stuff out there. He was fighting and created some. Now that I think about it maybe Tanganga qualifies as not shit too.

A couple really stand out as disappointing and frustrating...

-Sessegnon, I get he hasn't gotten a ton of time lately but he looked awful tonight. Loads of misplaced passes, again lacked the tenacity you like to see out there and was not nearly aggressive enough.

-Winks, a terrible game from him. Passing all over the place, losing the ball, etc.

-Lo Celso, hard to blame him because he seems completely knackered but a poor showing from him

-Lamela, not good enough, terribly wasteful

I am not sure why anyone is surprised by this.

Every squad needs 1 or 2 outstanding players around which the team is built. Every other player his there to support them and get the best out of them; and as a result; they are instrumental in the success.

For Spurs it was Eriksen and Kane; and for a few seasons they were the best in England. When Eriksen checked out; that was the end of that Spurs squad. Kane's service dried up and our creativity was evaporated.

All the players in our squad are decent but, we no longer have an outstanding player to get things moving and as a result we present no goal threat. This in turn allows other teams to commit more to their attack with confidence that we will not be able to set up a counter.

We have hard working players in Lo Celso, Moura and Lamela - but none of them have the ability to pick out those magic passes.

Alli has shown that he thrives when he has good players around him; but he is not good enough to create.

Kane and Son coming back does not improve us enough to start winning games consistently. We need the coaches to significantly improve Lo Celso's passing and we need Ndombele to do what he is being paid for.

Priority in the summer is to sign a bloody striker and resolve the full back issues. We need players with pace that can pick out a cross without hesitation.

Only if you don't want to see them. I've seen it posted at least 3x on this very forum in the last day or two. In fact I've bookmared them (great feature) for the next time I wanted to smash some agenda. Bill Madrid posted it and then someone a page later in the xfer thread and a thrid person in another thread...and also on REDDIT. It's all there to see kinda like Sess. But you gotta wanna see it.

Can you direct me to these known knowns Donny?

Can you direct me to these known knowns Donny?
Sorry it took so long. I was wading through all of Five's building, backstepping crescendo on his boy. I'm nice enough to make sure he doesn't forget about it when it's time.

I was wrong in attributing the THST stuff to Bill Madrid. That bookmark was his perfectly predicted roadmap of Jose's tenure with us. Sad that it could be predicted so easily...and accurately.

The mark I do have is incomplete_usernam's
https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/posts/2252661/

but it's in other places too but that filtering thing has never worked very well for me.

Again...is that more important to you? But, again, I'm.talking about the now. I won an under 11s tennis competition once but I'm shit now. It's about the NOW and he isn't doing it for me. He's past it and stealing a living with a desperate London club...appalling choice and not a fan. Now fuck off.

Well played Paul Gascoigne Paul Gascoigne being an absolute prick with the disagrees. Too much Newcastle brown been drunk? Twat

what fucks me off is we know nothings going to change. We KNOW the whole defence needs a rebuild. We KNOW we need a top class keeper. We KNOW that half of our midfield is not really up to scratch.

We also definitely know that we will start next season with pretty much the same squad bar a couple of signings we have never heard of. This is it snowflakes. suck it up.

Fuck off with your snowflake catchphrase bullshit. Twat.

Wow that was fucking horrible. Turned it off once the 3rd one went in. Completely lifeless and beyond sloppy. I can't think of a single player that played well for us, except for maybe Dele. Not sure if that's a controversial take but he was at least trying stuff out there. He was fighting and created some. Now that I think about it maybe Tanganga qualifies as not shit too.

A couple really stand out as disappointing and frustrating...

-Sessegnon, I get he hasn't gotten a ton of time lately but he looked awful tonight. Loads of misplaced passes, again lacked the tenacity you like to see out there and was not nearly aggressive enough.

-Winks, a terrible game from him. Passing all over the place, losing the ball, etc.

-Lo Celso, hard to blame him because he seems completely knackered but a poor showing from him

-Lamela, not good enough, terribly wasteful

No one had enough fight and physicality last night...pushed off the ball and losing challenges all game.

Back
Top Bottom