Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The same person it's always been though so many wanted to hang that around Poch's neck a couple months back. We know who make all the decisions in this club. It doesn't matter if a transfer committee, on which DL sits, makes a list because the list still goes right on back to DL himself. the man said himself, again, at the THST meeting. And I'm sure the same fucknuts will conveniently forget that again this coming summer when it doesn't fit their "Must praise Levy at all times" agenda.
ENIC are done for me. They really are. Tottenham Hotspur made them. They never made Tottenham Hotspur. If Levy thinks he is doing us a favour then he can take his favours and shove them up his backside. Everything should have been about the team first always, that it was not is unforgivable.

....And let the man revamp our scouting network once he's in place.
Top to bottom. Juniors through to Seniors. Someone who drives not only the recruitment of the kids, the teens and the seniors, but the managers too.

I'd actually rather see us finish 5th in the short term with a philosophy because with the infrastructure in place, it will only be a matter or time.

ENIC are done for me. They really are. Tottenham Hotspur made them. They never made Tottenham Hotspur. If Levy thinks he is doing us a favour then he can take his favours and shove them up his backside. Everything should have been about the team first always, that it was not is unforgivable.

Moronic .... do you blame Tesco shareholders for no toilet paper ... you do don't you?

The same person it's always been though so many wanted to hang that around Poch's neck a couple months back. We know who make all the decisions in this club. It doesn't matter if a transfer committee, on which DL sits, makes a list because the list still goes right on back to DL himself. the man said himself, again, at the THST meeting. And I'm sure the same fucknuts will conveniently forget that again this coming summer when it doesn't fit their "Must praise Levy at all times" agenda.

I think this is an almost perfect storm of collective cluster fuckery. First major mistake Levy makes is giving Pochettino his wish to have more control of recruitment, the Head of Recruitment goes, there's no DOF to oversee the recruitment and contract mess or sales needed that's unfolding, Levy is busy building a stadium, Poch is a manager so he's not worrying about contracts (he's actively trying to talk the likes of Eriksen and Alderweireld into staying and telling Levy he thinks he can get Eriksen to sign) he's just wanting new players.

But I think the rhetoric we get at the end of the summer of none about it being "more important we kept the squad together" was because when he said he wanted new players, Levy said if you want new blood we have to balance the books and you're going to have sell a couple of the more valuable assets and Poch didn't want to do that either.

With no DOF, who was going tom tell Poch that the rebuild needed to start before the summer of none, it needed to start when he was coming 2nd in 16/17, Dembele never played more than 58% of a season in his whole time, but Poch built his team on him. Was that Levy's fault ? I'm pretty sure Levy would have cashed in on Eriksen 2 years out, again Poch said he thought he could be persuaded to sign a new deal. And we ended up with a bloated non HG squad that hadn't been smartly recruited - unlike the squad assembled before Pich got here - so was hard to move on.

I don't blame Poch for all of it, but some of it, he played the power game while his stock was high, and it ended up backfiring on him. I don't blame Levy for all it, but some of it, he was foolish to abandon a structure which had been a good model and seen us build a good young squad that would be polished extremely well by Poch. And it backfired on him.

I am not blaming Poch for wanting to take more control, ultimately Levy gave in, at a crucial time when he was going to be massively distracted with the stadium, and now he's now got his uber stadium with a team in decline that isn't going to be delivering CL revenues.

Last edited:
Good point.

I've said Klostermann was worth buying.
You need to identify players with quality, the correlation is that likely they will cost money.
Yeah, my point was the point in time when you identify them. RBL, Lyon, Bayer, and to a lesser extent BVB are getting players in the 15-20M range and developing them while not altering their on-field performance/results. that's what I would love to see and thought was what we were expecting to do. but it takes direction from higher up.

But it's not impossible to get a team working together in a system. Look at Sheff Utd.
Jose teams are about individual moments of brilliance and not beautiful team fluidity though.

Last edited:
Just saw Paul Mitchell’s signings at Leipzig.

Werner 13 million.
Nkunku 12 million.
Upamecano and Konate 9 million combined.
Sabitzer and Forsberg 5 million.

Just goes to show you it's not about splashing the cash but finding the right talent.

Players like haaland nkunku werner etc weren't bought for big $$. This is where scouts need to do their job.

For what it's worth, I think Leipzig will get curb stomped by a team that doesn't have half its best players in the hospital.

tenor.gif

Just goes to show you it's not about splashing the cash but finding the right talent.

Players like haaland nkunku werner etc weren't bought for big $$. This is where scouts need to do their job.
Its not scouts that are the issue. It's the club.

Modern day scouting at that level so stats based first and foremost so the club would know these players exist.

For whatever reason though we have stopped investing in that way.

Back
Top Bottom