Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take note folks of squad costs and the fact that 90% here had no idea of any player (beyond Werner) on RBL before this tie. And they've handed us our asses. In fact they've brought an American on to add insult to injury FFS. How shit must they think we are?

If we are buying 'names' then we aren't scouting and someone upstairs isn't doing their job. If we are just buying Portuguese/Gestifute players then someone upstairs is not doing their job. Money spent is not the marker we should be looking at.
Good point.

I've said Klostermann was worth buying.
You need to identify players with quality, the correlation is that likely they will cost money.

But it's not impossible to get a team working together in a system. Look at Sheff Utd.

This season is going to be shut down due to Corona. Thank fuck for that out-of-jail-card.
They're waiting for us to string together a few back to back wins and look like we MIGHT have a chance to qualify for the CL, THEN they'll call it off...
If they did it now, we're 'only' mid-table... it would actually be a good thing... but then we won't get the Spursy 'you couldn't make it up' ending we're used to over the years!!

They're waiting for us to string together a few back to back wins and look like we MIGHT have a chance to qualify for the CL, THEN they'll call it off...
If they did it now, we're 'only' mid-table... it would actually be a good thing... but then we won't get the Spursy 'you couldn't make it up' ending we're used to over the years!!
Let's hope every result this season is deleted. Start over again next season. No Liverpool winning the league..

ESx5repXQAA0J5Z

Horses for courses.

A shitshow season from Jose could lose us £60million+ from the CL, players clamouring to leave and no option but to sack Jose at a still extortionate fee.

I'd offer him £10million to go and a cut of the Amazon sales.

That contract is worth 45m to Jose tho. Why accept any less?

Jose just said no need to rebuild as we have all these players back. He listed everyone except harry kane.

They havent picked up on it but I think he knew full well what he was doing.

The interviewer was pathetic by the way. She was giving him his excuses as opposed to challenging him.
What was he doing? Sorry if I'm being dense but I don't get the significance without context. What was the question he was answering? And who else did he say was coming back?

100%. People seem to fixate on the DoF's contacts, who he'll be bringing in and forget that the week-in-week-out part is ensuring that you have a common idea from schoolboys to the first team. Ensure that the scouting team are fully on board as you say.

Possibly the DoF who most impressed me in implementing that first part and completely changing the overall mindset never signed a single player - Fernando Hierro (who I'd always thought was a bit thick as a player) when he took over as Spain's sporting director after the 2006 World Cup.
It's a tough one when you break your transfer record only for the new player to massively underwhelm the expectation. How many times have we done that in living memory?

With no philosophy there's no spirit. Fair play to Gio though. He's trying to carry the team on his own.

I've never seen us play so bad since AVB's last games in charge. It was an absolutely abject performance. It looks like Moruinho and the players have given up on this season, but it's still no excuse for what happened tonight.

That contract is worth 45m to Jose tho. Why accept any less?
Nobody would. Jack Rodwell certainly didn't

[For those who didn't - watch Sunderland till I die and watch a horrifying series of events unfold]

Aside from the money, which I think is less of the issue, Jose will never get another job at the top table if this fails. I'm not saying it won't but a large part of my delusion is that he is personally invested in making this work. Fail here and the only thing that's left is International management.

I don't know if he can. I choose to believe that its possible but I absolutely believe that he wants to.

Back
Top Bottom