Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feeling confident when little Tommy's coming on when 1-0 up in the most important game of the season so far.

Who would have thought a year ago?

He's still only 23 and to me he's getting better every game. There's a reason Barcelona used to scout him a few years ago.

Carroll obviously needs to hit the gym along with Eriksen and Lamela.
Having said that Carroll is starting to impress me, but is he strong enough for the PL?

Carroll obviously needs to hit the gym along with Eriksen and Lamela.

8Cjn7SP.jpg

Feeling confident when little Tommy's coming on when 1-0 up in the most important game of the season so far.

Who would have thought a year ago?

He's still only 23 and to me he's getting better every game. There's a reason Barcelona used to scout him a few years ago.

I actually thought when City were getting into things in the second half bring on Carroll to pick out a few passes in midfield and retain the ball. I wouldn't have said that earlier in the season. This team is becoming greater than the sum of its parts.

No there isn't.

Barca had Bojan on their books for so long too. He's at Stoke now... the level of club Tom Carroll probably should be at

You're kidding yourself if you think he's on the same level as the rest of our midfielders. There's no way he's ever going to hold a starting position at Spurs. He can pass the ball around but he doesn't retain the ball as well as someone like Dembele and physically he's outmatched too. If Bentaleb and Mason hadn't picked up injuries he wouldn't have seen the pitch

No there isn't.

Barca had Bojan on their books for so long too. He's at Stoke now... the level of club Tom Carroll probably should be at

You're kidding yourself if you think he's on the same level as the rest of our midfielders. There's no way he's ever going to hold a starting position at Spurs. He can pass the ball around but he doesn't retain the ball as well as someone like Dembele and physically he's outmatched too. If Bentaleb and Mason hadn't picked up injuries he wouldn't have seen the pitch

If my aunt had balls she'd be a pinball machine. It doesn't matter how he came into the team. He has performed well and is now keeping those same 'better players' out of the team.

I like Bentaleb and Mason too. They offer something different again. I am happy to have such a great range of useful players. I remain confident when any of the 'back up players' are drafted in nowadays.

Meh, even with the squad picking up pieces with players returning from injury he's still getting run out in important situations. Poch seems to think he has something to offer; he doesn't need to he a regular starter to be a valuable member of the team.

Lol at people saying "Hit the gym"

I remember when Ryan Mason came out and said that when he was younger he was told to hit the gym. So he did, and it resulted in injury after injury after injury, because his body wasn't made for that and the extra muscle also slowed down his sprint speeds.

It has to the the laziest suggestion you can make in football. You think Eriksen would cover more ground than any other player if he put on 2st in muscle? No.

Lol at people saying "Hit the gym"

I remember when Ryan Mason came out and said that when he was younger he was told to hit the gym. So he did, and it resulted in injury after injury after injury, because his body wasn't made for that and the extra muscle also slowed down his sprint speeds.

It has to the the laziest suggestion you can make in football. You think Eriksen would cover more ground than any other player if he put on 2st in muscle? No.

Eriksen doesn't need to be bigger. His low sense of gravity probably helps in the role he plays but you want your defensive midfielder to be physical. It's not about Carroll turning into Dembele but him getting bigger will help to impose himself in the game.

Mason did pick up injuries because of that but every player is a different case. Bale benefitted from hitting the gym religiously so there's obviously a different level required of different players. I don't rate Carroll but I don't hate him, obviously still a chance for Poch to elevate him but he'll probably go through the same thing Townsend did

Back
Top Bottom