THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Au jour d'hui on doit manger le pain sans buerre, demain on te donne de la confiture. (Or something like that)

It means we're always being promised better things tomorrow. People feel they are empty promises. Even in the latest response to THST's requests there are various promises of tomorrow, tomorrow and even some doubt over the numbers they tell us they have spent since the stadium opened.

I do have some sympathy because as they said the stadium hasn't seen one full year with fans in yet even though it opened in April 19. However we have seen increases in revenues already through NFL, concerts, rugby, boxing that we never had at WHL. Therefore if we don't start competing on a level playing field within the next couple of transfer windows then I struggle to see how there can be excuses. You can't have the highest ticket prices in the league and fail to provide the product which goes with them indefinitely.
Hey! Nice post.

You learn something new every day.

I don’t see how, even with our increased revenues, we can go dropping over half a billion in 8 months like Chelsea… or compete with Newcastle or Man City and their financial doping… we need FFP with teeth but I’m not holding my breath either.

High ticket prices are a red herring in my view. Ticket prices are a function of the relative wealth of those who are willing and able to buy a season ticket. We are in London so we’re going to charge more than Newcastle or Liverpool. We also offer the nicest stadium in the country. Success of the club is one of very many factors that will influence pricing.

To illustrate this, the most expensive season tickets in the county are:
Tottenham
Woolwich
Chelsea
Fulham
West Ham

What do those 5 clubs have in common?

To me it sounded like your point was that the board had continually improved the club and so should be cut some more slack.
Fair enough. It’s both. The businesses are very different and in any case we’ve seen strong progress by nearly every measure over the past two decades.

Hey! Nice post.

I don’t see how, even with our increased revenues, we can go dropping over half a billion in 8 months like Chelsea… or compete with Newcastle or Man City and their financial doping… we need FFP with teeth but I’m not holding my breath either.

High ticket prices are a red herring in my view. Ticket prices are a function of the relative wealth of those who are willing and able to buy a season ticket. We are in London so we’re going to charge more than Newcastle or Liverpool. We also offer the nicest stadium in the country. Success of the club is one of very many factors that will influence pricing.

Tottenham
Woolwich
Chelsea
Fulham
West Ham

It would be interesting to see what happened to ST/GA sales at Liverpool/United should they simply hike them to roughly the levels we pay. They have far more fans than us and it would seem likely that they have enough fans with enough money so that they wouldn't drop ticket sale quantities. I'd put decent money on that I think.

It would be interesting to see what happened to ST/GA sales at Liverpool/United should they simply hike them to roughly the levels we pay. They have far more fans than us and it would seem likely that they have enough fans with enough money so that they wouldn't drop ticket sale quantities. I'd put decent money on that I think.
This requires far more energy and knowledge than I have.

Cheapest season ticket at spurs - £807
Cheapest at Liverpool - £685

So 17% more.

Average salary in London is about 33% more than in the NW (although not liverpool specifically).

So for the average person it seems slightly more affordable to go to see Spurs than Liverpool.

Figures I gave above for most expensive tickets were for the MOST expensive seat. But I’d expect spurs to be top for that anyway because they’ve got the most deluxe stadium and can offer the best experience for the higher paying customers.

Anyway, regardless of details… high prices are influenced by a lot more than whether a team wins trophies.

So 17% more.

Average salary in London is about 33% more than in the NW (although not liverpool specifically).

So for the average person it seems slightly more affordable to go to see Spurs than Liverpool.

Figures I gave above for most expensive tickets were for the MOST expensive seat. But I’d expect spurs to be top for that anyway because they’ve got the most deluxe stadium and can offer the best experience for the higher paying customers.

Anyway, regardless of details… high prices are influenced by a lot more than whether a team wins trophies.
Yeah, you'd think it was all supply and demand wouldn't you. I'm not convinced. I suspect Manchester in particular is closing the gap to London in "standard of living". And they have far more overall fans than Spurs. Plus they only have 2 top flight teams in the city v 7 for London. 2.7m in the metropolitain area of Manchester v 9.5m in London (Both equal to a possible 1.35m per team believe it or not)

Also There are LOTS of Spurs STH who aren't London based. If ST's were resitricted to North London, Middlesex, Essex & Herts residents they'd probably struggle to sell them all at current pricing.

Not that I think they should, but they could almost certainly match our prices and still sell out. Although there would be enormous disquiet, and not just from the fans.

So 17% more.

There is a reason salaries are higher in London...the cost of living is way way higher than Liverpool.

So 17% more.

There are 500 tickets at that price at Spurs, the average is around 1100. I suspect the average at Liverpool is not much more than 685

There is a reason salaries are higher in London...the cost of living is way way higher than Liverpool.
Absolutely. I don’t know if there’s data on disposable incomes or whatever.
There are 500 tickets at that price at Spurs, the average is around 1100. I suspect the average at Liverpool is not much more than 685
You’re right that the best way to compare would be a weighted mean. Multiply the price for each category by the number of seats at that category and divide by the total. Do that for each club. I don’t know if that data exists.

But the conclusion won’t change the fact that far more goes into pricing than just « have we won a trophy ». And that’s normal. If you’re not happy then don’t go.

Disposal income !?!

What the actual fuck

There’s probably a higher percentage of Brentford fans live in London than people who go to spurs

I mean yeah in this one solitary window Bournemouth parted with more money than us due to our signings being loans with view to buys as opposed full transfers. The players are here and in the squad though, so unless you get your kicks from lookimg at a balance sheet I'm not sure why you think this point has any merit.

#SpreadsheetWanker innit.

:harrysmile:

FoD3yXgWAAQkNHf
My God, the spelling and grammar is offensively poor.

But the conclusion won’t change the fact that far more goes into pricing than just « have we won a trophy ». And that’s normal. If you’re not happy then don’t go.

That’s probably the only way ENIC will ever know that tickets are overpriced.

With over 61’000 at every league game this season you’d have to say that ticket prices are very fairly priced!! Value for money when you look at the whole package.

We have the added bonus of visiting the biggest megastore in European football, getting a drink at the longest bar ever known in football and of course getting a chance to see the one and only Don Levy in the flesh.
The fan group campaigning for better sausage rolls and a higher standard of chips can’t be overlooked either. And did someone say on-site brewery??? Craft beer all round good sir!!!

All before you add in the footballing genius of Harry Kane, the comedic 90min edge of the seat entertainment provided by our Goalkeeper and numerous defenders and of course the amazing invisible man act of Son Heung Min.

Incredible value for money.

So much so I’ve almost forgotten why I don’t go there anymore.

A perfect instance where the numbers are true but fail to tell the entire story. While Spurs may have had the second largest loss in total pounds, the relative impact compared to other clubs wasn't as dire. A 20 million dollar reduction in revenue for City is a rounding error but could be a major financial hurdle for Nottingham Forest. You need to look at it relative to sheer club size. For example:

FY ending 2020

Revenue Loss:
Spurs: 460MM to 402MM = -12.6%
Wolves: 172MM to 132MM = -23.5%
Bournemouth: 131MM to 95MM = -29.6%

BTW, Bournemouth states that they had a net loss of 60MM pounds, not 36.

Net Income %:
Spurs: Net loss of 69MM = -17.2%
Wolves: Net loss of 39MM = -29.5%
Bournmouth: Net loss of 60MM = -63.2%

They can cry poor and there's no doubt that the club had a financial hit, but so did everyone and some clubs far worse than us.
Lies, damned lies, and statistics

Hey! Nice post.

Tottenham
Woolwich
Chelsea
Fulham
West Ham

They are all shit??

I actually understand the tone. But that's just me.

The Trust's statement and questions had a very petty and snarky tone to them to begin with. So to no surprise they got the same tone back at them.

That's a big issue that I have with the trust. They always come off as elitist, snarky and a fair bit cringy. Not saying that the club is blameless. But with how the trust acts I can understand how it can feel like having to deal with a spoiled toddler.

I'm not saying that the trust shouldn't be questioning the club. But I am saying that they need to be smarter in how they go about it.
Appreciate your point.

I think in some respects a fan trust should publicly reflect the frustration the fans feel or they look to be in cahoots with the club.

I think the clubs response isn't going to do them any favours and may add fuel to the fire of levy out chants.

I don't buy the "I work so hard for this club argument" from ownership either.

At £3 million a year, yes....yesbyou should work bloody hard
Hey! Nice post.

Tottenham
Woolwich
Chelsea
Fulham
West Ham

All that having the highest ticket prices will do is isolate and exclude lifelong die hard fans who don't have the financial means to attend.

One day the stadium could be filled with plastic fans or tourists, who won't be so loyal when we go through a rough patch

Back
Top Bottom