THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is not to say that they are not trying to put themselves in a favourable light.

Aka spinning. Glad we agree.

Anyone can see it is misleading and what the intention behind the words are. It’s a puff piece, not a genuine response to the fans.

Very sad to see some of our supporters buy in to it and continue to vehemently defend the club even whilst the owners spit in their faces.

The players that have been bought into the club recently have been much better than previous transfer windows. We have Porro now who the club have purchased one way or another who will hopefully improve our team. Pretty much all the positions that need improving have been, with hopefully a couple of defenders signed in the summer. All the dross players which have been consistently slated on this board have also left barring the odd couple so for me I think that's a massive improvement playing team wise.

Aka spinning. Glad we agree.

Anyone can see it is misleading and what the intention behind the words are. It’s a puff piece, not a genuine response to the fans.

Very sad to see some of our supporters buy in to it and continue to vehemently defend the club even whilst the owners spit in their faces.
There must be some really stupid fans of our club if they think that "committed to" means "have spent".

Puff piece, probably. But anyone who was expecting anything different would have been deluding themselves.

Last edited:
Answering questions from a supporters trust relating to strategy to compete is now bragging is it?
I don’t know why you’re shilling for this spin so hard. We all know what they’re doing.

I have zero issues with the Porro deal. Hopefully he’s an awesome signing.

But the ‘commitment to spend’ phrase is a sleight of hand to position the transfer as significant January investment, when in fiscal reality, it will get booked in the Summer.

It’s just big standard corporate spin.

There must be some really stupid fans of our club if they think that "committed to" means "have spent".

Puff piece, probably. But anyone who was expecting anything different would have been deluding themselves.
Thats not the point. They are using that £47m figure now under committed to look like we're keeping up. They will then use the Porro £40m again as actual spend in the summer. Just like saying we committed the £45m on Romero summer 2021 and then included it in the summer 2022 spend figure. I expected nothing different from them and thats the problem. Its the same tin eared, arrogant way they dealt with the super league debacle.

I don’t know why you’re shilling for this spin so hard. We all know what they’re doing.

But the ‘commitment to spend’ phrase is a sleight of hand to position the transfer as significant January investment, when in fiscal reality, it will get booked in the Summer.

I'm not shilling for anything and i don't consider it spin - i think several people are either willfully misrepresenting something to suit their agenda or are just a bit dim and can't understand the difference between saying we spent X amount in January and saying in January we commited to spend X amount. On top of that if you read the response in the context of the questions posed and what the club was talking about there really is no need to have taken exception to what was said here - it was a straight forward comment showing that we are going to continue spending.

The only obligation the club has wrt transfer spending is in relation to the accounts, so all this 'using it now and in the summer' ... to who exactly and to what end?

Last edited:
Thats not the point. They are using that £47m figure now under committed to look like we're keeping up. They will then use the Porro £40m again as actual spend in the summer. Just like saying we committed the £45m on Romero summer 2021 and then included it in the summer 2022 spend figure. I expected nothing different from them and thats the problem. Its the same tin eared, arrogant way they dealt with the super league debacle.
No, they are stating facts

There is not one source or report that says we spent £45m on Romero in 2021, AND that we spent £45m on him in 2022.
(I know that's not what you're saying, although others are)

Not one from anywhere, official or otherwise, because it was never said, and didn't happen.

If fans conflate the two issues then that's on them.

Can't wait to hear about how we spent 100m in January when 45 of it will go on Porro.

Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

I'll most likely be in the corner pin before the game if you do want that pint 👍🏻

As for the chanting, yes if the rest of the posh lot in the west stand start singing, I'll join in.
I might do that.
I'm actually in London for the weekend with my wife.
Spurs match Saturday. West end show on Sunday. And believe it or not, stadium tour on the Monday :roflmao: (birthday gift)

If I'm the first accident on the sky walk then questions will need to be asked 🧐

I'm not shilling for anything and i don't consider it spin - i think several people are either willfully misrepresenting something to suit their agenda or are just a bit dim and can't understand the difference between saying we spent X amount in January and saying in January we commited to spend X amount. On top of that if you read the response in the context of the questions posed and what the club was talking about there really is no need to have taken exception to what was said here - it was a straight forward comment showing that we are going to continue spending.

The only obligation the club has wrt transfer spending is in relation to the accounts, so all this 'using it now and in the summer' ... to who exactly and to what end?
Well, the question pointed out that Conte suggested the club needed to spend big ‘in every window’.

With how the deal is structured, the bulk of the spending is delayed until the Summer. But their ‘commitment to spend’ phrasing allows them to pass this off as January activity. So no, they’re not answering the question directly. It’s Spin. And why wouldn’t they? What corporate comms document isn’t?

As I say, I hope the signing is great. We’re not going to change one another’s minds as you see ENIC in a positive light. I do not.

I can already see the sabre ratting for £150 million worth of Summer investment, including the Porro fee, alongside no hurry to point out that this means January’s investment was actually just a couple of loan deals.

Very sad to see some of our supporters buy in to it and continue to vehemently defend the club even whilst the owners spit in their faces
Great point well made.
As I said in another thread, the only fans I know who want 20 more years of ENIC'S Tottenham are fans of our rivals and a few individuals on here.

A strange phenomenon :sonhmm:

Well, the question pointed out that Conte suggested the club needed to spend big ‘in every window’.

With how the deal is structured, the bulk of the spending is delayed until the Summer. But their ‘commitment to spend’ phrasing allows them to pass this off as January activity. So no, they’re not answering the question directly. It’s Spin. And why wouldn’t they? What corporate comms document isn’t?

As I say, I hope the signing is great. We’re not going to change one another’s minds as you see ENIC in a positive light. I do not.

I can already see the sabre ratting for £150 million worth of Summer investment, including the Porro fee, alongside no hurry to point out that this means January’s investment was actually just a couple of loan deals.

Why would Conte care when the players are payed for? What difference does that make to him or his plans for the team?

I for one am satisfied with the clubs response. The ENIC out lot are a noisy bunch but I suspect most of us are actually happy with how the club is run

That'll be why the forum poll is at 85% out and we're hearing ENIC out chants at every single match now then, won't it.

I'm glad you're satisfied, but you're not the majority by any stretch of the imagination. If you like being spoken down to, lied & generally treated like a mug, you'll love the response. Most of us don't though.

Why would Conte care when the players are payed for? What difference does that make to him or his plans for the team?
Well, he’s on a short term contract and wants to win in the immediate future, so he would like to see good players arrive at every opportunity. Obviously he doesn’t care about how they’re paid for; rather how long it takes to assemble the team.

We’re evidently on a slower timeframe. The update would suggest that we’re targeting the 25/26 season to be competitive. That might be why Conte is stalling on the contract; we’re offering a project to a manager that doesn’t really do projects.

I cant even be bothered to read of their responses because I just know it will wind me up.

They despise the fanbase and think we are thick as shit. That much is clear from the bits I have seen.

Nothing about not drawing down the whole of the £150 million share issue then I suspect?

I’m neither ENIC in or out but these kind of derisory responses certainly move me towards the latter. Ultimately as a season ticket holder I’m bored and I just want to enjoy going again. I’d love to win something but even more I want to feel a connection with my club again, care about the players and enjoy seeing them develop. Can we have BMJ back please?

Back
Top Bottom