THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parklane Block 34

Hey gorgeous, what's your name?
The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust are no longer fit for purpose and either need new management or be replaced completely.

I fail to see what benefit they provide in 2023 and seem to be so detached from reality and slow to respond to issues it really is unbelievable.

They also seem to be stuck in the past and have failed to move with the times with social media being so prominent in this day and age.

The Spurs fans deserve and need a much better organisation than this as the Supporters Trust is the only real gateway to the current board of the club.

As well as pressure on Enic and Levy, pressure needs to be put on this useless, out of date, toothless organisation by the people that really matter.. The Fans.

The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust are no longer fit for purpose and either need new management or be replaced completely.

I fail to see what benefit they provide in 2023 and seem to be so detached from reality and slow to respond to issues it really is unbelievable.

They also seem to be stuck in the past and have failed to move with the times with social media being so prominent in this day and age.

The Spurs fans deserve and need a much better organisation than this as the Supporters Trust is the only real gateway to the current board of the club.

As well as pressure on Enic and Levy, pressure needs to be put on this useless, out of date, toothless organisation by the people that really matter.. The Fans.
Haven't most of the old lot left so...pretty much are getting a new one

Are you a member?

I don't think everyone agrees that the Trust is useless

:levyeyes:

Join the Trust stand for election and then you can sort it all out. Stop whinning and start doing.

Did you mean it as a joke initially? Sorry this has all flown over my head. Direct action is a very common term completely dissociated with the military and certainly far right terrorists (quite the opposite).

Direct Action is a military term for face on armed combat, e.g. assault. Sorry, I just realised there is a term too for civilian.

I meant it very much as a joke, in the ink of a militant (jewish-ish) street gang waging war on ENIC, thus mocking the C18 cunts.

Direct Action is a military term for face on armed combat, e.g. assault. Sorry, I just realised there is a term too for civilian.

I meant it very much as a joke, in the ink of a militant (jewish-ish) street gang waging war on ENIC, thus mocking the C18 cunts.
Ah, well I didn't know that. I grew up with it meaning a certain type of protest. It would have worked better if you got C18 right the first time (not C17). Coincidentally I dealt with c18 when I was a kid at a protest hence my sensitivity to it. They used to be the most odious group in this country.

Edit: Sorry, I realised your joke was we would be like Combat 18 so would be called Combat 17 although you used the military term to justify the joke rather confusingly.

Last edited:
I think total membership of THST is way less than 1,000.

The stadium capacity alone is over 62,000

Spurs twitter has 6.4m followers - and worldwide its a sheer guess at how many supporters there are

So when THST say they represent Spurs supporters ....... the numbers don;t support that statement.

The latest sums up the THST arrogance ...... 'we put some questions to Spurs requesting a meeting and they said to wait until after the end of the transfer window' ........ how dare they say 'wait' (stamp foot).

Maybe Spurs have other priorities for a couple of weeks ? Maybe they are more free to talk outside the TW ? Who would have thought either !

I'm sure THST do some valuable stuff ..... but its interesting that the recent parliamentary study on regulation of PL found that the club with the best communication with fans groups such as THST and fans in general was ,,,,,, Spurs,

So maybe not sensible to over play their cards.

The idea behind the Trust is sound. But the desperate and growing need to be popular ( in my view ) stunted any influence the Trust were building.

They got too close to the Football Supports Federation ( I think that’s what they were / are called ) and ceased to push “Tottenham” centric issues in favour of wider football initiatives.

In reality they needed to sort out Tottenham first before getting mixed up in the wider football debates.

Then they went political on top ! Two examples I can think of. First being their backing of vaccine passports for football matches ( not their job and if it were they had an obligation to defend both sides, not support segregation on policies that were not scientifically sound )

And then their was that tone death rubbish about the bin dippers, which fatally exposed how utterly corrupted their objectives had become. They were not there to defend Liverpool !

I personally would contribute £ to a revised Thrust that put Tottenham and our fans first and also, necessarily, found some significant financial backing, as I feel that without that nothing will cut through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom