Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs' Transfe

yiddo2786 said:
If he wasn't English he'd be available for £6m.

And he would probably be playing for Wigan, or Bolton or some such team that packs their midfield with mediocre foreigners.

Isn't it only in FM land that Rodwell lacks a defined position? I'm sure Everton used him as a defensive midfielder for most of the matches he played for them but pushed him a little further forward when they had to.

As for the price being too high, I still think it was reasonable for all parties and he is a lot better than the sort of mediocre foreign players the likes of Wigan or Bolton would sign. If we didn't have Sandro as a long-term replacement for Parker, I'd have liked to see Rodwell at Spurs. He'll be damn good for City, given time.

Aaaanyway, Fletcher to Sunderland. I can't believe Wolves turned down a bid in excess of 12m for him. He is a good player, but he isn't 15m good!

_PS_ said:
Aaaanyway, Fletcher to Sunderland. I can't believe Wolves turned down a bid in excess of 12m for him. He is a good player, but he isn't 15m good!

I suppose it's the same reason we won't let Ratboy go for less than £40million, he is a massively important player for Wolves, and finding a reliable striker, as we well know is not an easy task. I'm surprised he hasn't got a release clause for relegation but hey ho.

Looks like Robin Van Rapist is off to United then (according to the Mirror), maybe he can go granny grabbing with Rooney...

:ledleylick:

Javi Martinez to bayern for 40m.

Sean said:
Javi Martinez to bayern for 40m.

The wigan manager?

cat-scratch.gif

Newcastle sign Anita from Ajax. Another very decent player signed fairly cheaply. They overachieved based on their performances last year, but this year they could actually get top 6 on merit.

Hell, I even think their first XI is a close match for ours.

Krul

Santon
Coloccini
Taylor
Simpson

Tiote
Cabaye
Ben Arfa
Guitierrez

Cisse
Ba

Subs:
Harper
Taylor
Anita
Marveux
Ameobi

LLB Part Deux said:
Newcastle sign Anita from Ajax. Another very decent player signed fairly cheaply. They overachieved based on their performances last year, but this year they could actually get top 6 on merit.

Hell, I even think their first XI is a close match for ours.

Krul

Santon
Coloccini
Taylor
Simpson

Tiote
Cabaye
Ben Arfa
Guitierrez

Cisse
Ba

Subs:
Harper
Taylor
Anita
Marveux
Ameobi

Cisse and Ba will likely suffer second season syndrome, it's not unusual for strikers to make a big splash only to fade away the following season. You have to ask yourself why no one snapped up Demba Ba for his 7 million release clause.

His ticking timebomb of a knee apparently. It was meant to have been almost a freak accident that he made it through the last season.

Raitei said:
His ticking timebomb of a knee apparently. It was meant to have been almost a freak accident that he made it through the last season.

United just paid £25 million for a glass ankle. :adelol: A wooden knee for 7 million sounds cheap :ap:

Where have Southampton got £12mil from to spend on a 21 year old from Bologna?

Even the bottom placed team in the Prem gets over £39m from broadcasting rights and merit (league position) payments.

So why arent Wigan and everyone else spending that?

Just seems a lot for a team who have been out the division for years to spend on a 21 year old who's scored 12 goals in 2 seasons.

Southampton are well financed anyway. Usually that money gets used on wages and upkeep and the like.

Looks like Steven Fletcher is going to Sunderland.

We've missed the boat there. Bear with me....

If you look at big money strikers like Aguero and Balotelli, their goals per minute are 1 every 107 and 1 every 122 minutes respectively. Fletcher (premier league only) is on 1 every 170 minutes.

Quite a difference, but also quite a difference between the free scoring champions with world class players providing assists and a relegated team with Matt Jarvis crossing the ball.

With better players providing the ammo, Fletcher could be almost a goal a game player. Honest.

Back
Top Bottom