Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs' Transfe

bad news, dirk kuyt has gone to fenerbache which is a shame because he is fucking toilet, wish liverpool kept him

Giroud scored the goals but Belhanda was the best attacking player at Montpellier last season. I'd be more concerned if Wenger got them both.

I haven't seen Giroud play but I don't like them signing anyone except Francis Jeffers.

LLB Part Deux said:
Giroud scored the goals but Belhanda was the best attacking player at Montpellier last season. I'd be more concerned if Wenger got them both.
Yeah, but putting Podolski in the mix makes it a bit more worrisome.

RvP, I think we can safely say, papered over the vast problems in the team in terms of offensive service and in terms of terrible, terrible defense by building goals out of nothing and by recapturing dropped points. Giroud on his own won't do that; he's not good enough. Him and Podolski, plus a full year of Rosický's being good… and we'll see.

I do stand by my assertion that Giroud would have scored more next year had he come to Spurs, but luckily, that can't be proven, unless we do it with our own Giroud, Rémy.

fuck the goons they are still a bunch of jokers at the back, always will be, to be fair they didn't have problems scoring last year either.

podolski imo has always flattered to deceive. he came through the german national team when they were shit and in transition, only reason he's been elevated.

we still to play our hand re strikers (has to be at least 2 coming in even if one may be ade).

out of interest éperons, how would you consider giroud against someone like ade? who would you say was better as i know f all about french footblaaar...

I don't watch a ton of French football. The matches are on at 8, 9, and usually by then I'm worn out from watching PL. Furthermore, whenever I've seen Giroud, I've been cheering against him, not scouting him.

That said, the sense I get is that he's certainly not going to swing out wide like Adebayor did this year (which may have been to fill in gaps that Bale had abandoned). He and Rémy, to me, are more "wait for the ball and score"-type strikers, whereas Adebayor was more inclined to be a part of the offensive buildup, even if it cost him personal goals.

I know it's just one goal, but if you watch Giroud's strike against Germany, you see that he was simply at the right place at the right time. The lion's share of the work was done by Valbuena, who saw Debuchy, and Debuchy's flick in, which split the coverage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJ2SIM9DRk[/youtube]

(this is why Debuchy is on my fantasy team...)

He is usually quite reliable..

@BackPage "According to Mundo Deportivo, Manchester City are on the verge of making a massive offer for Godín in the range of €15 million. #Atleti"

Centre-back, strong player. He was captain at Villarreal, so he is mature and level headed. I reckon him and Kompany would be the new CBs for City, if he does sign.

Godin is like 30+ though isn't he? or am I thinking of the wrong uruguayan?

Well, it looks like Giroud is basically a EuroStar ticket short of joining the scum. Too bad. I don't think he's a world-beater, and I think he'll be isolated by the failings of his mediocre new team, but I wish we had bagged him.

There are better strikers out there. I'm not sure Rémy is one of them. And I'm not sure the better options will only cost £12m. But I'm not the expert.

Back
Top Bottom