Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

xd91Y.gif
Epitomy of a "tiny dancer" from here on forward on this forum.

I'm getting so bored of the "Liverpool won't do a Tottenham" rhetoric, especially when it comes with the "they have a transfer plan" addition.

We lost Parker, signed Capoue
Lost Bale's creativity and wing ability, signed Lamela and Eriksen
Lost Caulker, signed Chiriches
Lost an attacking and traditional central midfielders in Dempsey and Huddlestone, signed Paulinho
Needed a striker, signed Soldado

What part of that "lacks a plan?" Can anyone explain because apparently unlike God of football Lawrenson and the rest of the twat ex professionals and Liverpool ring piece lickers I'm struggling to see where that remotely looks scattershot.

They don't NEED a def mid, but sign Can. They don't NEED a right winger but sign Markovic, they needed balance on the left so sensibly have Lallana and have signed Lambert presumably to help deal with the loss of Suarez's goals. They've lost Suarez and 2 freebies. So in 4 transfer deals only 2 are in areas that needed work, whereas all 7 of ours last season where to replace things we had directly lost that summer......but we had no plan?

Alright.

Nicely put but I would say only 1 of those signings has been an overwhelming success so far, think we all know who that is. Although I expect Lamela to get much more game time this season and to join Eriksen as a great signing.

Food for thought: We could probably (almost) exactly meet his release clause with combined sale of Townsend and Chadli. Surely someone like Southampton is fated to drop something stupid like 16 million on Townsend in this window? Chadli has to be worth 13 million or so? But it's not going to happen. OR IS IT?!?!

Nicely put but I would say only 1 of those signings has been an overwhelming success so far, think we all know who that is. Although I expect Lamela to get much more game time this season and to join Eriksen as a great signing.

May well be true but like I said it's the whole "Spurs lacked a plan with their summer signings" stance that is bothering me because it's clearly not true. All it seems to be is some kind of defense mechanism for Scousers to fool themselves into thinking they are somehow better than us

May well be true but like I said it's the whole "Spurs lacked a plan with their summer signings" stance that is bothering me because it's clearly not true. All it seems to be is some kind of defense mechanism for Scousers to fool themselves into thinking they are somehow better than us

Only time will tell, they've signed players with PL experience, something we did not do.

I don't think they relied on Suarez as much as we relied on Bale and Rodgers is a far better coach than AVB so they will cope a bit better than we did, having said that I can't see them getting top 4.

Monaco have a massive H-hhhames Rodriguez shaped hole to fill now, lads - plus CL football on offer

Doubt we stand a chance
There's still a chance a player who is serious about his career would choose the premier league over ligue 1.
That said, there are clubs in the premiership that play CL as well...
Here's to hoping Lloris can convince him to come by threatening shower-rapes for the rest of their international career if he doesn't join up.

Back
Top Bottom