The reason Benteke fell through

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am just wondering what the reaction will be when we do sign a striker??

th

starmagsi starmagsi Closests thing we have to him playertype wise is Carroll and Holtby with Sig not far behind. As they are all capable of beating a man before they play a splitting pass. Dembele dribbles too far and Hudd has to play too long as he cannot take a man on due to his non-excisting acceleration. Don't know quite enough about Paulinho to say whether or not he's that kind of player, but from what I saw in the confed he's much closer to Dembele than Modric, thankfully though, he seems better at releasing the ball than Mousa "dribble the entire team" Dembele.

The thing I like about Dembele is that he seems to like collecting the ball with opposition players close to him (like Modric and about everyone at Barca), if he can step past them and move forward it effectively puts them out of the game. I agree, he needs to know when to release the ball (and/or get Bale to give him some shooting lessons) to maximise the effect of this.

Agree about Carroll, I hope he has a big summer working on his strength and fitness to really challenge for a more regular first team spot this season as he has great technique and could be a really good player for us.

starmagsi starmagsi Closests thing we have to him playertype wise is Carroll and Holtby with Sig not far behind. As they are all capable of beating a man before they play a splitting pass. Dembele dribbles too far and Hudd has to play too long as he cannot take a man on due to his non-excisting acceleration. Don't know quite enough about Paulinho to say whether or not he's that kind of player, but from what I saw in the confed he's much closer to Dembele than Modric, thankfully though, he seems better at releasing the ball than Mousa "dribble the entire team" Dembele.

#DembeleOut

am I playing this game right?

Back
Top Bottom