The reason Benteke fell through

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

af2e4df8f4cb70d72d8e46699ae190d0.png

If you offered me the chance on May 20th to keep the same squad as last year then I would have taken it as keeping Bale is better than any potential signing in the world and people seem to have forgotten that that we have signed Brazil's Number 1 midfielder.

Levy still has time to find that striker but if not, I'm expecting Adebayor to perform like he did in the latter stages of last season.

If you offered me the chance on May 20th to keep the same squad as last year then I would have taken it as keeping Bale is better than any potential signing in the world and people seem to have forgotten that that we have signed Brazil's Number 1 midfielder.

Levy still has time to find that striker but if not, I'm expecting Adebayor to perform like he did in the latter stages of last season.

Fock that politely. This club is so damn close. Lets get greedy. God knows we deserve after the last two years of almost comical misfortunes

Keep Bale, get that complete Striker and with Paulinho already arriving , this prem Spurs campaign will be absolute tits

Still waiting to see any evidence that we even tried to sign him. The only things I can find is stuff from CB and his ITK pals, and media reports saying "linked with Spurs".

Why everyone thinks we bid and lost is beyond me.

The only upside from this, I guess would the fact it won't drag into an inevitable deadline day disappointment and now we can focus on other targets with plenty of time left.

Personally I don't believe we were ever seriously looking at him - possibly bullshit stories planted in the rags by greedy agents in order to cuckold Villa into a new deal, triple his wages as well as their commission in the process

If he moves this summer now and does that to their fans, he's a cunt like Modric and Berbatov.

Dont want any more players like that

Robbie Keane signed a new 5 year contract with us and 5 weeks later signed for Liverpool

did he fuck us over or did he do us a favour by increasing the transfer fee?.....

Putting in a transfer request means losing your loyalty bonus when another club comes in for you. I guess withdrawing it and signing a new contract means that he'll get it again when we sign him in two weeks time...not particularly worried if we don't, he seems to have caused strife at every club he has played for.

I remember getting a left winger caused the same strife for more than a few seasons...then we got one and he fucking turns into a striker.

I understand that we would benefit from a new striker I really do. However, I don't think we created as many chances in and around the 6-yard box as in previous seasons.

We seem to have lost the ability to play anything other than the simplest of passes (square pegs in round holes I think) - the reason Dembele looked like a revalation at the start of the season was because he was regularly running with the ball and turning the opposition around. I also think that this is why Thudd looked good when he came on against Man City, because he played a few telling - maybe even 'adventurous' passes. The number of times last season you saw that a good ball was on 'around the corner' or between a couple of defenders that we didn't play and all of sudden the chance was gone and we go back to sideways passes etc.

Ade and Defoe didn't have great seasons (Defoe was excellent for the first couple of months, granted), but I think that is down to the loss of Modric - and the resultant predictability of our attacks - as much as any other single factor.

I've just watched this, and even if we just had his ability to play a pass through a tight gap we would have opposition defenders all over the place again.

Certainly not a criticism of the regime or any of the players, because he's one of the best players in the world and was always going to be difficult to replace - not watched much of Paulinho, maybe he is the one? I just think that the amount of emphasis placed on getting a new striker is a little too high at times, like that is all the team needs to challenge for the league.

Back
Top Bottom