The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs carrier bag from former USSR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

UEFA Europa League - Draws – UEFA.com

Draw procedure
• In principle the draw is open with no seeding or country restriction, though the procedure will be confirmed before the draw

• Games will be played on 10 and 17 March

Weird stuff, it seems from that, you're right. However, I knew, I heard quarters somewhere, though I cannot remember where. Rules on the same page as you refer to says country restrictions for both round of 32 and 16. Uefa being run by pro's, I gather. We'll have to wait and see, though I suspect the rules take precedence over what, I suspect, has been copy-pasted from last season by some moron.

Got back a few hours ago. Incredible trip, the best one I have ever done watching Spurs. I will probably write a post about it but have been awake for something like 39 hours out of the last 40 so will do it another time. I recommend a visit to these far flung places, everyone I spoke to out there thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bardi Bardi you need to get an article out this chap.

Pundits seem to be saying how we struggled to break them down, that we were very ordinary in the first half, that we huffed and puffed...

We were away from home in a European game, not wanting to over-exert anyone. You don't just go balls out and risk shipping a couple. It was a classic away performance - control the game in a defensive manner for 60 minutes, go get a goal, shut up shop. We didn't need to win 4-3, we needed a boring ordinary game where we won 1-0, and it's exactly what we achieved.

This is what using tactics looks like - actually taking into account the opposition, the venue and the situation. Home to WHU - high press defence, high intensity offence throughout. Away to Qarabag - stingy defence, defensive possession, hold the game, take a lead mid-2nd half.
2 CL teams from last season 'huffed and puffed' there. None of them won. We are the only team to have beaten them.
Yet Liverpool have Sion, Rubin Kazan - who are now recognised as a decent team now Poo are playing them - and Bordeaux to overcome. On Thursday, at home, they got level with what looked like, to me, a dubious penalty that was nailed on according to the ex poo players.
Anyway, that old saying: 'a sign of a good team is when it wins when not performing at it's optimum level' is applicable to Spurs isn't it?
Or is it just applicable to teams like Liverpool, Man U and Chavs.

If you listen to the pundits most want to say the fighting Klopps are more likely to get the fourth spot it just isn't really possible to justify based on current form. It hurts some of them to say we have a better shot.

If you listen to the pundits most want to say the fighting Klopps are more likely to get the fourth spot it just isn't really possible to justify based on current form. It hurts some of them to say we have a better shot.
Read earlier that Spurs and Liverpool are the form teams. Completely ignoring the fact that Liverpool lost their last but one game, at home to Palace. Fine to say that Liverpool have improved under Klopp and may go on a good run or whatever, but they lost one of their last two games. How does that put them in good form?

Back
Top Bottom