The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs carrier bag from former USSR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had to award a funny for the last sentence. Pure gold.
I think it would make the perfect statement as to how we view away to some shithole in Asia vs the PL game against some team from West London next week. It's one match where I wish we still had Adebayor: just to make the c*nt travel.

By bus.

CUrb0EjXIAA6gq3.jpg:large

Based on the first leg, they are utter shite. We just need to avoid defeat, so a 2nd XI is fine. Leave the starting XI for next weekend at home. It's a joke that this place even counts as Europe. Make Fazio captain.

Overreaction of the century.

I think you are overestimating what ten hours first class travel will do to the players.

They are top level athletes and are surrounded by sports science professionals. They will stay hydrated. Most of them will sleep on the return.

It's uncomparable to how most of us shit munchers have to travel, with our knees round our ears, surrounded by crying babies and a wedged in by a clinically obese Brummy who's packed his own egg sandwiches.

These are the games in front of us, we will win some, we will lose some.

Surely Poch has done enough by now for us to have faith in his and his staff's decisions, and for us to realise that they, not us, are best informed as to what the optimum strategy is to win as many games as possible.

Sorry i'll rephrase that for the target audience:

POCH KNOWS GOODER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE TO BE WIN BOTH GAMES.

Last edited:
Whilst I will admit that my view of the game may have been slightly rosier than usual due to the above average consumption of merlot I woke this morning
to read the Daily Mail saying we 'huffed and puffed' all game.
Here's what I think I saw from a tactical perspective....
Firstly there was the team's training pace when in possession which switched rapidly to game pace when applying the press to get the ball back.
That change of pace happened too many times for it not to have been a deliberate tactic.
Then there was the higher than normal high line therebye compressing the pitch which meant less runnin' abaht.
Thirdly there was the use of the long ball out of defense especially from Toby and,
lastly there was Alli who got through alot of work up front (as he did against the pikeys) therebye relieving Harry of some of the workload.
So I reckon that I saw was a deliberate set of tactics designed (by Poch) to reduce the energy expended by the players...and it worked!
Audere est facere and all that.
p.s. the chavs are already shitting themselves....

0-1 FT

- Professional performance.
- Cleansheet.
- Confidence up as we've won another game and are now through to the next round.
- London derby next.

Back
Top Bottom