The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Motivation should not be an issue.

After shaking off the West Brom hangover and assessing the situation, this is actually a huge match. All of a sudden there's not much breathing room ahead of a resurgent City, and I think Woolwich can manage maximum points in their final 3. With Alli done for the season and who knows with Dier, we have to be very focused to avoid a disastrous collapse.

It's strange to say, but this may be where we see what we're really made of. If it's not a must win it's at least a must not lose, as the last two won't figure to be any easier if we start shedding points and confidence now.

Don't shoot the messenger. Let's just get this done.

I really do hope we beat the chavs scum... I personally hate this club more than Woolwich so this is big game. We can't lose this and I would be happy with a draw on the basis we have a shocking record at their ground but this season is our best chance of a win..... yes they will be up for it but I'm sure our fight and desire will equally match theirs. If city and Woolwich win, we will be +3 points from third and a better goal difference. I'm sure we can grab one more win from our remaining two games, with city and Woolwich to play each other next.

COYS

i want to beat these cunts so badly. Annoying that we won't have had the chance to see alli play against them this season, as he was suspended for the home game and i felt that we missed him a lot in that one.

On the subject of hazard and fabregas comments, it says a lot about their club that the fans are revelling in that.
If my team had just put in the most pathetic title defence in a generation and two of the main culprits started banging on about what team they want to win the league i would be deeply angered and ashamed. The only thing they should be saying is that who wins the league is of no importance to them. That they are just sorry to their own fans for how badly their season has gone and they want to try to put it right with some good performances in the last few games. That is the classy, professional thing to do.

That is the classy, professional thing to do.

It just shows absolutely devoid of class they are. From the mercenary players, the temporary managers, plastic fans, a shallow, hollow, also-ran club that paid their way to the top with blood money,

They're like some old washed up supermodel that's has had SO much plastic surgery that even they don't know what is real anymore. They put on a good face and still keep up an appearance but when they stare at themselves in the mirror first thing in the morning they know that they are dead inside.

Last edited:
It just shows absolutely devoid of class they are. From the mercenary players, the temporary managers, plastic fans, a shallow, hollow also ran club that paid their way to the top with blood money,

They're like some old washed up supermodel that's has had SO much plastic surgery that even they don't know what is real anymore. They put on a good face and still keep up an appearance but when they stare at themselves in the mirror first thing in the morning they know that they are dead inside.

I'm sure they don't have that much self loathing, after the pathetic attempt at defending their crown has gone, especially will all those dirty roubles that they are paid. Such a classless bunch of cunts.

It just shows absolutely devoid of class they are. From the mercenary players, the temporary managers, plastic fans, a shallow, hollow also ran club that paid their way to the top with blood money,

Great analogy. And to think Abramovich was sniffing around our club...for their successes on the pitch, it is all built on a castle of glass on foundations of sand. This is what happens when player power finally gets the stranglehold on a club.

For all their faults ENIC do seem to have a sustainable model. Unlike Abramovich's supermodel with its nips & tucks & high maintenance diva status.

Whilst it's been unpleasant watching them buy their way to success, it is a rotten apple of a club with no redeeming features.

The worst title defence in the history of the PL. With the wages they are on & the manner they have conducted themselves, they should hang their heads in shame.

And the fans? I would be mortified if the highlight of a season was to roll over & get raped just to get one over on someone I didn't like.

I pity the next manager to walk into that nest of vipers.

Motivation should not be an issue.

After shaking off the West Brom hangover and assessing the situation, this is actually a huge match. All of a sudden there's not much breathing room ahead of a resurgent City, and I think Woolwich can manage maximum points in their final 3. With Alli done for the season and who knows with Dier, we have to be very focused to avoid a disastrous collapse.

Not sure about motivation not being an issue. You go from challenging for the title to having to stay above other teams, that does something to a team. It is a whole different level of focus and I'm not sure our players will be able to make that switch so easily. Whatever happens with United vs Leicester, it's going to be tricky for us. Either they win and are champions, which means we have to turn a switch on in terms of fighting for second place, or they actually lose points, which means we're still in the run for the title, but that also means Chelsea will give a 100% to end those title hopes, lol.

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Walker-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
----------------Dier(if fit)-Dembele---------
----Lamela--------Mason------Eriksen----
----------------------Kane----------------------

Chelsea will be giving 100% whatever happens Sunday, they will not want to lose at home to us and end the run to compound their awful season.

If we stick to our game and don't do anything silly we'll get a result there.

Toughest game of the season, a place that has always held bad fortune for us.

They'll do anything they can to beat us, even knowing they can't catch us. We have more than enough to give them a good game and are capable of beating them.

With Alli potentially suspended and no word on Dier yet then Poch has some thinking to do.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Son, although isn't as consistent as Alli, does still create chances and can cause problems.

Any early goal could be crucial, make Chelsea open up so we can exploit the gaps from there.

Thing is he goes missing too often, makes the wrong choice too often when running at goal and gets caught out with his marking too often,
Poch will sort him out but for the chavs I wd prefer Chadli or even Onomah and, of course, Tommy!

Although he has looked a bit timid in his last appearances, I'd like to see Mason for Alli. For three reasons:
1. He's a Spurs boy. Understands the importance of beating the chavs.
2. He provides offensive runs that are similar to those of Alli. Lacks the classy goals, but has a history of being a goal scorer.
3. I want to see him more as an AM in that particular role, as I believe he as great potential there. Give him the last three games of the season there, and we might see a sixth englishman from Spurs going to the euros.

Chadli and Son are not quite similar in type to Alli, and both have looked poor recently. N'Jie is just back from long term injury, it would surprise me if he was ready to start such a big game.

Thing is he goes missing too often, makes the wrong choice too often when running at goal and gets caught out with his marking too often,
Poch will sort him out but for the chavs I wd prefer Chadli or even Onomah and, of course, Tommy!

I agree Chadli is more capable of getting goals, and on his day can cause endless problems, like he did at the Lane last season.

It'll be interesting to see Son's work ethic and pressure play next season once Poch has had a full preseason with him.

Eriksen into CAM and Chadli left is probably best suited. Wouldn't be surprised to see Son or Mason start though.

Even without all the money the Russian spend, they still have this small club mentality, lol. This is what there season has come down to: stopping Spurs from winning the title, because their own season has been such a clusterfuck.

Back
Top Bottom