The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the title challenge is more or less over.I won't be surprised if poch gives them a few days off to rest because this has been a mental blow.Nevertheless it should be a 'relief' obviously in the positive sense that we can now take our hands off the break and play without pressure. Hazard and fiberglass,not to mention a few of chelsea's backroom staff have been running their mouths the past week. i say we go to stamford bridge ,take out our frustration on them and blow them out the water.As Lloris said we still have to play for 'pride' and finishing 2nd.

A few notes:

- It may be a blessing have Ali suspended ( if he is) because Son needs a run in the team
- Walker is annoying the fuck out of me, cant cross, always missing. Start Trippier

-----------------Kane-----------------
Eriksen------Lamela---------Son
-----------Dier --Dembele----------
Rose-Wimmer-Alderweireld-Trippier
--------------Lloris--------------------------

So the title challenge is more or less over.I won't be surprised if poch gives them a few days off to rest because this has been a mental blow.Nevertheless it should be a 'relief' obviously in the positive sense that we can now take our hands off the break and play without pressure. Hazard and fiberglass,not to mention a few of chelsea's backroom staff have been running their mouths the past week. i say we go to stamford bridge ,take out our frustration on them and blow them out the water.As Lloris said we still have to play for 'pride' and finishing 2nd.

A few notes:

- It may be a blessing have Ali suspended ( if he is) because Son needs a run in the team
- Walker is annoying the fuck out of me, cant cross, always missing. Start Trippier

-----------------Kane-----------------
Eriksen------Lamela---------Son
-----------Dier --Dembele----------
Rose-Wimmer-Alderweireld-Trippier
--------------Lloris--------------------------
I'd start N'Jie over Son, something about ol' Clinton makes me think he'd go all Bale/Lennon against Woolwich on them.

What's with Wimmer > Vertonghen?

I think the boys are going to be pissed about the West Brom game and come our fighting. We should put them away 3-1.

Kyle Walker is who you pick as a scapegoat? Hilarious. He's been excellent all season, especially the past month.

Dele will no doubt be banned, for the rest of the season too.

Same as usual, N'Jie for Alli, move Eriksen central.

Last edited:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Niji, Kane][/formation]

Lamela and Niji both press well, we will need that against the chavs. For me it's between Chadli and Niji, Chadli offers goals but Niji in the game or two prior to his injury showed why we bought him, out and out pace and aggressive pressing from the front.

Last edited:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Niji, Kane][/formation]

Lamela and Niji both press well, we will need that against the chavs. For me it's between Chadli and Niji, Chadli offers goals but Niji in the game or two prior to his injury showed why we bought him, out and out pace and aggressive pressing from the front.

I would be surprised if Son doesn't replace Alli? Why would Njie or Chadli suddenly start ahead of Son? I would like to have Njie on the bench though.

I just hope Dier can play..

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Mason - Eriksen
Kane​

That is of course Dele Alli is banned for the Chelsea game. If not then obviously he comes in for Mason.

Back
Top Bottom