The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toughest game of the season, a place that has always held bad fortune for us.

They'll do anything they can to beat us, even knowing they can't catch us. We have more than enough to give them a good game and are capable of beating them.

With Alli potentially suspended and no word on Dier yet then Poch has some thinking to do.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Son, although isn't as consistent as Alli, does still create chances and can cause problems.

Any early goal could be crucial, make Chelsea open up so we can exploit the gaps from there.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Mason - Eriksen
Kane​

That is of course Dele Alli is banned for the Chelsea game. If not then obviously he comes in for Mason.

I agree - just play Mason like for like instead of Alli and tell him he needs to make runs past Kane all game.

I wouldn't play Son, he doesn't seem to get the importance of games in the situation we're in.

It's all flicks and tricks for the highlights reel instead of determination and focus.

I think this is a game made for another Chadli brace. We beat them at the Lane with Mason and Bentaleb last season! Shorn of Alli for this one I think we will should still be better than them.

It's still a MUST WIN... especially if Leicester do somehow drop points at Utd (something that is apparently impossible for them to do now, seeing as the media have decided they'll win up there at a canter...)

But (humour me for a moment if you will)... IF Man Utd win or draw, Chelsea will still have a say in ending OUR faint title hopes if they take anything from us... we simply can't let them have that satisfaction.

Besides, as WBA showed, when we play a team in mid-table with not much to play for like Chelsea(!) they suddenly become hell-bent on spoiling things...

It's still a MUST WIN... especially if Leicester do somehow drop points at Utd (something that is apparently impossible for them to do now, seeing as the media have decided they'll win up there at a canter...)

But (humour me for a moment if you will)... IF Man Utd win or draw, Chelsea will still have a say in ending OUR faint title hopes if they take anything from us... we simply can't let them have that satisfaction.

Besides, as WBA showed, when we play a team in mid-table with not much to play for like Chelsea(!) they suddenly become hell-bent on spoiling things...

I think regardless of the United result Chelsea will feel like Leicester have already won it.

They haven't managed to motivate themselves to win their own matches this season......not sure why everyone thinks they will do so for another team

I think regardless of the United result Chelsea will feel like Leicester have already won it.

They haven't managed to motivate themselves to win their own matches this season......not sure why everyone thinks they will do so for another team

As others have mentioned previously, they are supposedly professional sportsmen and will want to win at all costs. However having seen the Chavs this season I would argue against that case, hence putting on the worst defence by a reigning PL Champion, surely that is a record no actual champion wishes to have on their record? Just goes to show how unprofessional these cunts are.

If I were Pochettino I'd isolate this match. Remove all thoughts of what is happening elsewhere, and that includes City vs Woolwich - which is a blessing of a match.

Focus on the importance of putting right what went wrong on Monday. Emphasise what an appalling bunch of filth we are playing and tell them that this match is for the fans. This is the one that secures CL and finally lays to rest a ludicrous stretch without a win up there.

The players will get it, and whilst Chelsea won't role over, our intensity should be enough to win the match.

If I were Pochettino I'd isolate this match. Remove all thoughts of what is happening elsewhere, and that includes City vs Woolwich - which is a blessing of a match.

Focus on the importance of putting right what went wrong on Monday. Emphasise what an appalling bunch of filth we are playing and tell them that this match is for the fans. This is the one that secures CL and finally lays to rest a ludicrous stretch without a win up there.

The players will get it, and whilst Chelsea won't role over, our intensity should be enough to win the match.

We need to just focus, prepare for a Chelsea that will be up for the contest (no matter how shite they've been) and get the job done. This one really is a cup final for us, and we need that intensity, focus and single-minded determination.

I hope Flappygas and hazhiminaheadloack (ball boy ref) play on Monday and both mess up big time.- the Chelsea fans will not be forgiving. Dier needs to play-not sure what happened but didn't look too serious? We were short of our best against WBA so feel it cant happen again. There is no reason why we, as a few teams this season cant get a result at the bridge.

Draw written all over this. At least the players will have some decent support unlike monday night
Chelsea would be happy with a draw. I feel. Its for us to take the game to them, they will not cope with us, if we play at full throttle.

Utd result will tell us what we need to do and do it we will?

COYS and come on Utd, I want that feeling of hope back.

Boney M song? Just enjoying myself...

Ra Ra Abramovich, Russia's greatest Money machine,
it is a sham how he carrys on.
Ra Ra Abramovich , bought some players that were shit.
Built a club that no one likes..

Back
Top Bottom