The Mighty Lilywhites vs BHA Orangemen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was the stambouli song? If it's what I think it is (darling darling stamb-bouli, wooooah stam-bouli) then that is superb.

Few lads about 5 rows in front of me with the big flag kept trying to get that going, didn't seem to take off properly though.

Also, I know this won't be a popular opinion on here, but that 'North London is Blue and White' song is awful.

Cracking game and atmosphere last night. Credit to the Brighton fans they made some noise but it was a cup final for them, but the park lane was in full voice from where i was stood at the back of shelf on block 29. The only downside was the moaning ST holder in the next seat, the lane is infested with these morons at the moment, apparently Kane had done 'fuck all' all night.......quell supree Kane scores and he is ' quality'..........my 9 year old son, looked at me and said ' what a moron'..........

Felt a bit for Ben Davies in he first half having an 'inverted' Lennon in front of him, it clearly did not work, secon half, Lamela provided the width and that made the difference. Thought Stambouli was excellent, Faz looked good after his booking and Naughton, despite getting away with his handball, was solid after a few weeks out....

Like the look of Stambouli, loves a tackle and reads the game very well. You can tell he's a bit rusty/acclimatising, sometimes his passes are little astray or hit needlessly hard but he's a very good option for breaking up attacks. Wouldn't mind him getting a go in the league if Capoue is injured or form drops enough to warrant a change.

It is fucking important as I'm glad those blokes were out sung and told to shut up by the majority of people around me.
I was pissed and the last time I checked testosterone fueled, I'm just not a homophobic dickhead trying to "out bants" my peers
wow, get you macho man.
out bants - mmm. Streetwise.............
Of all of the things that beset the crowds that fill WHL these days, ignoring a few bozo drunks isn't top of the list is it?
Or did you just want a few likes for posting a "right on" PC message? Personally - I don't know what is the most fucking annoying, homophobic heterosexuals, or pro gay rights heterosexuals.
Its a fucking match thread, where people talk about the game, not a thread to align yourself with THFCs new LGBT policies - or whatever the fucking acronym is.

I find it strange that everyone hammers Ade for the game against Newcastle, and thinks Soldado absolutely has to start against Villa based on his performances against Man City and Brighton. But Ade scored 1 goal, Soldado scored 0.
I don't mind playing 2 strikers against Villa, really with quality we have we should be able to beat them with 1, 2 or 3 strikers on the pitch. To me it would look like Poch has no faith in any of the strikers, because he wants to play with one striker, so if he plays two it means he doesn't think any of them can do it.
I still think that we need a new first choice striker, and I think that guy is Benteke. Kane is too much of a rough diamond, despite his impressive record against Brighton, Asteras etc. Newcastle and Villa are a big step-up from them. Ade or Soldado, still much of a muchness for me. Soldado creates more, Ade scores more.

I'm sorry, but I have to say: Clueless.

First of all, teams doesn't play with one striker instead of two because of bad strikers in the squad. If anything, bad strikers needs more support, making two a more viable option if you don't have one that can deal with the very hard lone striker task. van Gaal didn't start the season with 3 CBs because he had so many outstanding CBs, rather the opposite.

Secondary; Yes, Soldado scored 0 against Brighton and 0 against City. But he had an assist in both games, got us a penalty against City, should've gotten one against Brighton, had the finish which Kane picked up the rebound from for his goal. Meanwhile, Ade had his goal against Newcastle, didn'tdo much else that didn't result in a lost ball. He didn't score, or provide an assist in his 6 previous starts though , nor did he look likely to provide it, and mostly were quite horrendous in terms of providing any quality attacking play. In the 5-1 trashing of Asteras he had 0 shots, 0 goals, 0 assists. Even though Soldado hasn't scored in the last two games, he has as many goals as Ade, one more assist, more tackles, one fourth the offsides, in approximately two thirds minutes played. Using lacks of goals as the argument against Soldado, to counter the fact that he provides much better attacking templaten, doesn't work very well when he scores more per minute played. And this despite the fact that Soldado has played in much less creative lineups, mostly.

Thirdly: Benteke? Really? He's been injured for more than a year. He was back in the team last weekend, and from what I've heard he was by far the worst player in a bad match.

wow, get you macho man.
out bants - mmm. Streetwise.............
Of all of the things that beset the crowds that fill WHL these days, ignoring a few bozo drunks isn't top of the list is it?
Or did you just want a few likes for posting a "right on" PC message? Personally - I don't know what is the most fucking annoying, homophobic heterosexuals, or pro gay rights heterosexuals.
Its a fucking match thread, where people talk about the game, not a thread to align yourself with THFCs new LGBT policies - or whatever the fucking acronym is.

No one is being macho here, Far from that. I'm also not hunting for likes as being approved of on a website is pretty much bottom of my list of things to achieve in life. Just saying how I think it is. The people who
were singing that shit, whether drunk or not which isn't an excuse for being a cunt, weren't ignored, they were told to shut up and out sung which was great.

Also in the match thread people talk about the crowd as that makes it up, its not just tactics tactics tactics. Shall I talk about Lamela taking a shit at halftime and getting told of by Poch or as thats not about the actual game should it not be mentioned?

Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgendered (see you did get it right) policies are policies of a liberal society. I'm happy my club aligns with them.

You can think as many homophobic thoughts as you want but don't sing that shit at my club. (Not aimed at you as I don't know if you were even there or singing it)

Back
Top Bottom